AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3
Gain a recognised qualification in our Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping, from home!
- Study double-entry bookkeeping, financial statements, VAT reporting, accounts for sole traders and much more!
- Ideal for experienced bookkeepers looking to acquire further knowledge and skills, or for those progressing from the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Provides career progression with the opportunity of progressing onto the AAT Accounting Qualification or Computerised Accounting qualifications
- AAT qualifications are recognised by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies and are widely sought after by employers
As well as your AAT course materials and tutor support, this course can include the examination needed to successfully gain your AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification in order to successfully complete your qualification.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by email or via post, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 210 hours.
You will receive your AAT Advanced Certificate In Bookkeeping Level 3 (on completion of exams).
Advised you have studied bookkeeping level 2 or have a basic understanding of bookkeeping.
6 tutor marked assessments and 3 unit exams.
- Applying the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and recording depreciation calculations
- Recording period and adjustments
- Recording period and adjustments Producing and extending the trial balance
- Distinguishing between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explaining the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders
- Producing accounts for partnership
- Recognising the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understanding and applying VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding implications of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Reporting VAT related information in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
This course will be assessed by 6 tutor marked assessments and 3 AAT computer-based exams. The exams are completed online at an external test centre. If you add on your exams, these will be booked for you by us, however if you choose not to add these on, you are responsible for booking and paying for this yourself.
The 6 tutor marked assessments provides complete flexibility and the opportunity to progress more quickly if desired. Your tutor will help you to decide when you are ready to take the AAT exams.
This course takes approximately 210 hours to complete. You will have up to 1 year (12 months) from your enrolment date to complete your course, allowing you to work at your own pace.
Once you enrol, you will receive all course materials by post and receive full tutor support for a year by email. Once you have registered with AAT you will also have online access to online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments.
On successful completion of your AAT exams you will receive a Certificate awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is a leading membership organisation for over 120,000 accounting professionals.
You must be 16 years old in order to enrol onto this course, as well as have basic mathematical skills and IT literacy. It is also strongly advised that you have studied bookkeeping at level 2, or have experience and basic understanding of bookkeeping principles before studying this level 3 course.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. However, if you add on the exams, the cost is included within the price of the course. If you choose not to add on your exams, you will need to book and pay for these separately.
You are still able to study this AAT course if you live outside the UK. If you add on the exams, you must take the examinations within the UK at the Irthlingborough centre as this is the only guaranteed way to access examination centres.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.