NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges
Start your journey to a career in education with this NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges qualification from home!
- This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges is ideal for anyone looking to begin their career in educational support.
- Achieve an accredited, nationally recognised NCFE CACHE teaching assistant qualification.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
- Study at home at your own pace.
This course is perfect for anyone looking for a career in an educational support role in a school or college setting.
During your studies, you’ll gain an understanding of how to communicate and develop relationships with children and adults in an educational environment, as well as how to safeguard children and young people in the setting among other units of study.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges qualification.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course.
Qualification Number: 603/2478/8
- Identify the different types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Know the organisation of schools and colleges regarding roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges put their aims and values into action
- Learn the range and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
- Learn the significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Know the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Know how to develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Learn how to communicate with children and young people
- Understand how to develop professional relationships with adults
- Understand the legislative and policy framework for health and safety within a learning environment
- Identify and learn how to manage risks to children and young people’s health, safety and security
- Learn how to support children and young people regarding risk management
- Learn about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured, including emergency procedures
- Know about child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Know the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Understand how to promote anti-discriminatory practice with children and young people
- Learn how to use inclusive practices in work with children and young people
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to take control of your studies. You can study at your own pace from a place that suits you. All your learning materials will be posted or emailed to you online, depending on the learning method you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only ever a click away.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges. A certificate will be provided to you as recognition of your achievement.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can take your studies further and progress to the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Alternatively, if you wish to apply for roles in a school, this course covers a wide range of job roles in a school environment including learning support, and technical and administrative roles, all of which you can consider.
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to work in a support role in aschool.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course and you do not need any previous qualifications. However, you must have basic IT skills and be fluent in English.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price of your course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.