NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges
Begin your career in education from the comfort of your own home!
- Gain an understanding of child and young person development
- Develop your knowledge in communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career
- Achieve a career working in a school or college setting
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
This CACHE course is part of the new suite of Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications. It’s ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification and achieve a career working in a school or college setting.
Up to 1 year
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 603/2478/8
- Identify the different types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Know the organisation of schools and colleges regarding roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges put their aims and values into action
- Learn the range and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
- Learn the significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Know the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Know how to develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Learn how to communicate with children and young people
- Understand how to develop professional relationships with adults
- Understand the legislative and policy framework for health and safety within a learning environment
- Identify and learn how to manage risks to children and young people’s health, safety and security
- Learn how to support children and young people regarding risk management
- Learn about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured, including emergency procedures
- Know about child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Know the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Understand how to promote anti-discriminatory practice with children and young people
- Learn how to use inclusive practices in work with children and young people
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications. This course has been developed by experts and benchmarked to industry standards to ensure you gain all the knowledge that is required to pursue your career.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however you may find it helpful to have previously studied the level 1 qualification.
You can start at any time and have 12 months complete this course from the date of enrolment. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assessments only.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.