Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children QLS Level 2
Learn how you can support the development of young children with this Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children QLS Level 2 course!
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to progress your career in childcare.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge to better support the development of young children in your care.
- Explore the stages of development, including their physical, intellectual and creative development.
- This course includes a FREE 200-page supplement to help you teach and entertain children in your setting.
- Study at your own pace from home.
This Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children QLS Level 2 course is a knowledge-based course that will allow you to expand your knowledge of how to educate and entertain young children in an early years setting. It is ideal for anyone currently working in a childcare setting who would like to develop their knowledge to help them perform better at work or progress their career.
During this course, you will explore how you can teach young children topics such as early numeracy and literacy. You will also learn more about the personal, social, and emotional development of young children, including how they form relationships, become more self-confident, and deal with their emotions.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children QLS Level 2 certificate of achievement from the Quality License Scheme.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Factors which affect growth and development
- Types of observation
- Methods of observation
- Gifted children
- Talented children
- Exploring the senses
- Shape and size
- Language and communication
- Linking sounds and letters
- English as an additional language
- Forming relationships
- Sense of community
- Exploring cultures and religions
- Equal opportunities
- Recognising and dealing with emotions
- Growing independence
- Facing up to fears
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Fresh air and exercise
- Indoor physical play
- Outdoor physical play
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Science and technology
- Feeding the imagination
- Painting, drawing, printing, collage and model making
- Role play
- Child rights and protection
- Health and safety
- Dangers online
- Guns and toy weapons
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for anyone currently working in an early years setting who wants to improve their understanding of how young children can be educated and entertained.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children QLS Level 2 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Quality License Scheme’s endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can add it to your CV to boost your prospects, and also apply the knowledge and skills you have gained during the course in your current and future roles.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook.
- FREE 200-page supplement to help you teach and entertain children in your setting.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.