Teaching and Entertaining Pre-School Children Level 2
Play is an important part in a child’s life and teach them how to develop their social skills.
- Learn more about a young child’s stages of development
- Understand how to carry out observations and assessments of children
- Gain the knowledge of how young children learn about numeracy and literacy.
- Explore how to promote safe play and address dangers online
- This course includes a FREE 200-page supplement to help you teach and entertain your children
All course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You will have more than enough time to complete your course so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Factors which affect growth and development
- Types of observation
- Methods of observation
- Gifted children
- Talented children
- Exploring the senses
- Shape and size
- Language and communication
- Linking sounds and letters
- English as an additional language
- Forming relationships
- Sense of community
- Exploring cultures and religions
- Equal opportunities
- Recognising and dealing with emotions
- Growing independence
- Facing up to fears
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Fresh air and exercise
- Indoor physical play
- Outdoor physical play
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Science and technology
- Feeding the imagination
- Painting, drawing, printing, collage and model making
- Role play
- Child rights and protection
- Health and safety
- Dangers online
- Guns and toy weapons
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.