Post Traumatic Stress Disorder QLS Level 3
Learn more about PTSD and how you can better support individuals with this Post Traumatic Stress Disorder QLS Level 3 course.
- Understand the historical roots and origins of PTSD.
- Improve your knowledge of the various explanations for PTSD.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Post Traumatic Stress Disorder QLS Level 3 course is great for anyone who wants to learn more about PTSD. Whether you want to study for personal or professional reasons, this course can help you to develop your knowledge of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
During this course, you’ll learn more about the biological and psychological explanations for PTSD, how PTSD can be diagnosed and classified, and the treatments available for both psychological and biological PTSD.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, and Hypnotherapists). At the end of this course, you will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists, and hypnotherapists.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder QLS Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Historical roots of PTSD
- DSM-V became recognised
- Undiagnosed PTSD
- Biological explanations of PTSD
- Biological approach
- Psychodynamic and cognitive approaches
- Using the DSM-5
- Military and abuse
- Psychodynamic and cognitive approaches
- Best approach biological or psychological
- Abnormal behaviour
- Issues for the classification and diagnosis of PTSD in adults
- Difficulties in diagnosing PTSD in children
- Biological treatments for PTSD
- Psychological treatments for PTSD
- Biological and psychological approaches
- Report writing
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists, and hypnotherapists.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, this course is assessed based on your tutor-marked assignments only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.