Aromatherapy Level 3
Kick-start your career as an aromatherapist, from home!
- Understand the history, philosophy and role of aromatherapy
- Identify the methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Explore the benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Study from home, at your own pace
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in Aromatherapy, this course is ideal for those aspiring to achieve a career as an aromatherapist but want to make sure it’s right for them.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Aromatherapy Level 3
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Series of written assignments.
- History of philosophy
- Role of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- Benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Essential oils
- Contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- Chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- Characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- Maintaining treatment records
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and up to 1 year to complete your studies. This course will take you approximately 80 hours and will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you, so receiving your materials is hassle-free. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive your Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education.
For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
• Comprehensive study guide
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• Open Study College pen and highlighter
• Student study planner
• Student notebook
• Document wallet
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive your certificate of achievement in Aromatherapy Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.