Grief Counselling Level 3
Broaden your knowledge of grief counselling, from home with this level 3 course.
- Understand grief, loss, bereavement and mourning.
- Develop knowledge about the models of bereavement and anticipatory loss.
- Explain ‘the invisible toolbox part 1’ in developing counselling skills.
- Understand ‘the invisible toolbox part 2’ in approaches and techniques.
- Recognise know how to support people with children, adolescents and loss.
- Approved by ACCPH
Covering all aspects of grief counselling disorder, this level 3 course aims to equip you with real depth of knowledge around this area.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Grief Counselling Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Differentiate the terms grief, loss, bereavement and mourning
- Role of the grief counsellor
- Attitudes towards death
- Models/Stages of grief - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- TEAR - Worden
- Complicated grief
- Models of grief
- Persistent complex bereavement disorder
- Impede the role of the grief counsellor
- Aim of grief counselling
- Rogers’s client-centred approach to grief counselling
- Psychological approaches
- Case study: Laura
- Major depression disorder
- Models of grieving stages
- Child symptoms of grief
- Applying interventions for a child who is grieving
- Empty chair technique
- Therapist’s worksheets
- Your role as a bereavement counsellor
- Choose a model of bereavement to apply to the case study
- Interventions best for the case study
The Grief Counselling course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
At the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
No previous knowledge or skills are required to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Grief Counselling Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.