Counselling and Mindfulness Level 3
Increase your knowledge of counselling and mindfulness in this bundle, from home!
- Identify the key aspects of counselling
- Explore counselling skills and approaches
- Understand what psychodynamic counselling is
- Know the counselling relationship and recognise humanistic counselling
- Investigate the behavioural approaches of counselling
- Understand the historical development of mindfulness and as an independent practice and therapeutic application
- Explore the basic techniques and strategies used in mindfulness
- Apply mindfulness techniques and principles to a variety of contexts within everyday life and for stress reduction and therapeutic purposes
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Counselling Level 3 and Mindfulness Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Counselling Level 3
- Who becomes a counsellor?
- Counselling theory and skills
- Problems with directed advice
- Why do people seek counselling?
- Counselling types and settings
- Training and knowledge development
- Structure of counselling
- The main theoretical approaches
- Counselling skills and core competencies
- Ending the counselling relationship
- The counselling relationship
- The counselling contract
- Dealing with clients in crisis
- How theory evolved
- Object relations and ego psychology
- Bringing it all together
- Rogers and the person-centred approach
- The existential approach
- Theoretical perspectives
- Behaviour and learning
- The ABC model
- Defining irrational beliefs
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- The triadic structure of CBT
- CBT Assessment
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding
- Practical skills
Mindfulness Level 3
- Techniques and practices
- Mood changes
- Mindful intentions
- Problem solving
- Healthy attitudes and positive outcomes
- Modes of doing and being
- Preparing the body for meditation
- Meditative routines
- Challenges to meditation
- Learning to meditate
- Teaching others how to meditate
- Positive psychology
- Negative experiences
- Effects of stress and anxiety
- Understanding depression
- Anger management
- Managing effects of depression
- The mind-body connection
- Pain management and mindfulness
- Using mindfulness during illness
- Using mindfulness for wellbeing
- Being a mindfulness practitioner
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, but a keen interest in counselling and some basic understanding of counselling skills and theory would be an advantage.
You may start at any time and have up to two years to complete this bundle (up to one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Dedicated personal tutor support
Dedicated student support
Assignment marking and feedback
FREE CV writing service
FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
FREE XO Student Discounts card
* Comprehensive study guide
* Open Study College Pen and highlighter
* Student study planner
* Student notebook
* Document wallet
Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve Counselling Level 3 and Mindfulness Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.