AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping
AAT044 / AAT045
Gain a recognised qualification with this AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping Course from home!
- Gain this AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification from one of the most respected and widely known awarding bodies worldwide.
- Ideal for experienced bookkeepers looking to acquire further knowledge and skills, or for those progressing from the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2.
- Provides career development opportunity for entry-level bookkeepers.
- AAT qualifications are recognised by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies and are widely sought after by employers.
- Achieve this qualification from the comfort your own home, at your own pace.
- If you add your exams to your enrolment, we will book and pay for them for you!
This AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping is an ideal qualification that has been designed for those with an existing understanding of bookkeeping who wish to develop their bookkeeping or finance career. Whether you are already working in bookkeeping, or someone who is self-employed and wants to expand their skillset and aid their business, this course is ideal for you.
AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, working with members around the world. Their qualifications are highly sought-after and as an AAT qualification, this accredited course will help you to progress in your career.
During your studies, you’ll learn about the tax processes for organisations and the principles of payroll. You will also expand your knowledge of how to prepare financial statements, use advanced double entry bookkeeping, produce financial statements for sole traders and partnerships, and prepare accounting records.
You will need to complete your AAT exams to complete and achieve your qualification. You can choose to add your AAT exams to your enrolment. If you do not add your exams to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams.
Up to one year.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive your AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course.
Four tutor-marked assessments and two exams.
- Legislation requirements relating to VAT.
- Calculate VAT.
- Review and verify VAT returns.
- Principles of payroll.
- Reporting information within the organisation.
- Accounting principles.
- Principles of advanced double entry bookkeeping.
- Acquisition and disposal of non-current assets.
- Depreciation calculation.
- Period end adjustments.
- Extend trial balance.
- Financial statements for sole traders and partnerships.
- Financial statements using profitability ratios.
- Preparing accounting records.
Once enrolled, you have up to one year to complete your studies. The course will take approximately 330 hours to complete in total, of which 210 hours are proposed guided learning hours.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
You will pay a one-off registration fee which will give you access to the qualification for its lifetime, which is typically four to five years. Once you have registered with AAT for your student membership, you will have access to their library of online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments to help you prepare for your exams.
The qualification is assessed through four tutor-marked assessments and two external exams, which you will complete at the end of your course. This computer-based exam must be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. Your tutor will be able to help you decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
Booking your assessments
You can choose to add your exams to your enrolment. If you choose this option, we will book and pay for your exams for you. Our partner exam centres for students choosing to book their exams through us are based in Birmingham or Irthlingborough near Northampton. When choosing to add your exams to your enrolment, it is important to note that we are only able to book your exams at the specified centres in either Birmingham or Irthlingborough, and therefore, you must be prepared to travel to one of those centres to complete your exam.
Alternatively, if you choose not to add your assessments to your enrolment, you will need to book and pay for these separately.
Once you have successfully completed your tutor-marked assignments and exams, you will receive your AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping from The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is the world’s leading professional membership body for over 130,000 accounting professionals. AAT’s vocational qualifications are recognised internationally and by all chartered and certified accountancy bodies in the UK.
The skills developed during this course will enable you to apply for the following roles:
- Professional bookkeeper
- Senior bookkeeper
- Accounts manager
- Ledger manager
Alternatively, you could progress to the next level of study by enrolling on the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting.
You must be 16 years old to enrol on this course, as well as have basic maths and IT skills.
- Comprehensive study guide.
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email.
- Dedicated learner services.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service.
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- Exclusive Open Study College study pack including pen, highlighter, and notebook.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add your exams to your enrolment, these are included within the cost. However, if you choose to book your exams separately, you must book and pay for these yourself.
More information on fees can be found on the AAT website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.