AAT Accounting Level 2 and 3
- Accounting qualification with one of the most respected and widely-known awarding bodies in the UK and abroad
- AAT qualifications recognised internationally and all UK chartered and certified accounting bodies
- Accountants who hold an AAT qualification are highly sought after
- Flexible profession that allows you to work either within a company or as a freelance accountant
This AAT Level 2 Certificate and Level 3 Diploma in Accounting inc Assessments course will introduce you to a wide range of accountancy principles, techniques and skills. These AAT qualifications can be studied from home, making it even easier for you to begin your Accountancy career.
Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or online, meaning studying couldn’t be easier! Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way through email support.
You’ll have the flexibility to work at your own pace. You can submit your coursework either by post or via email, so handling in your assignments are simple.
As well as your AAT course materials and tutor support, this package course includes the examination fees required to successfully complete your course and gain your AAT qualification.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 490 hours.
You will receive your AAT Accounting Level 2 and 3.
It is recommended you have basic maths skills for this course.
Computer-based assessments taken at an external exam centre.
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understand an organisation’s cost recording system
- Using a cost recording system to record or extract data
- Understanding an organisation’s finance function
- Using numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Production of reports for customer and suppliers
- Production of a trial balance and general ledger reports
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3
- Understanding accepted principles of accounting and double-entry bookkeeping
- Understanding accounting methods of recording non-current assets
- Accounting for purchase of non-current assets
- Accounting for depreciation and adjustments
- Accounting for disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and extending the trial balance
- Understanding the process involved in preparing final accounts
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing final accounts for sole traders
- Understanding partnerships’ legislative and accounting requirements
- Preparing a statement of profit or loss appropriation account
- Preparing a financial position statement relating to a partnership
- Understanding an organisation’s costing systems
- Recording and analysing cost information
- Apportioning costs to organisational requirements
- Analysing budget deviations and reporting these to management
- Using information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understanding VAT regulations
- Completing VAT returns accurately and on time
- Understanding VAT penalties and adjust for previous errors
- Communicating VAT information
- Understanding principles of ethical working
- Understanding ethical behaviour when working with internal and external customers
- Understanding when and how to take appropriate action following suspected ethical codes breaches
- Understanding the ethical responsibility of finance professionals in promoting sustainability
- Using a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Selecting and using appropriate formulas and data analysis tools and techniques
- Presenting, formatting and publishing spreadsheet information
Each of these courses are assessed by four unit assessments and one synoptic assessment, all of which are computer-based assessments that are taken at an external exam centre. As a result, you will complete 8 unit assessments and 2 synoptic assessments over the period of your studies. The 8 unit assessments are available on demand throughout the year while the synoptics are available at set dates throughout the year.
The assessments for this course will be taken at a centre in Irthlingborough, near Northampton. We will book these assessments for you when you feel you are ready. Please note – when booking this package, it is important to note that we are only able to book assessments at the specified centre in Irthlingborough, and you must therefore be prepared to travel to the centre to complete your assessment.
Together, this combined course takes approximately 490 study hours to complete (if you study over the period of one year, that’s around 8 hours per week). However, you have two years to complete your course.
Once you enrol, you will receive all course materials and Sage software by post. You will receive full tutor support for 2 years.
On successful completion of your AAT exams you will receive a Certificate awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is a leading membership organisation for over 120,000 accounting professionals.
AAT qualifications are recognised internationally and by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies.
You must be 16 years old in order to enrol onto this course, as well as have basic mathematical skills and IT literacy. The software is provided as a download so you will need to ensure that your computer has an internet connection.
- Your AAT live assessments
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Exclusive Open Study College study pack
- FREE Sage 50 Accounts software (available via a download link)
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. Please email us for full specification and compatibility details. The software is provided as a download so you will need to ensure that your computer has an internet connection.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. However, the cost of the exams is included within the price of the course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.