Weight Management Consultant QLS Level 4
Do you want to learn the skills of a successful weight management consultant?
- Our level 4 home study course examines methods of weight management through; nutrition, exercise and psychology.
- By the end of the course you will understand each approach and how to integrate them into a bespoke action plan tailored to the needs of your client.
- You'll have the tools you need to help your clients make long-term improvements to their health.
You can become the ‘go to’ person on all issues concerning weight loss and weight maintenance. This award has no specific entry requirements, but is complimented by a number of additional courses should you wish to pursue any area further.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or online, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Weight Management Consultant Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Describe characteristics and functions of macronutrients and micronutrients
- Explain the importance of vitamins and minerals for the body
- Explain the importance of water in the diet
- List ways in which they can stay informed of the latest developments in the field
- Describe energy balance
- Explain how modern diet and working practices predispose individuals to weight gain
- Analyse the role which fast food, ready meals and convenience food play in obesity
- Evaluate the extent to which food consumption is linked to our social and cultural heritage
- Explain the relationship between economic status and obesity
- Describe the effects of the obesity epidemic on an individual and national level
- Describe the risks associated with being overweight
- Perform an assessment to determine if a person is overweight, and know the different classes of obesity (obese, severely obese, morbidly obese, super obese)
- Analyse the benefits and drawbacks of different methods for determining whether someone is overweight
- Explain energy balance, and the fundamental mechanics of fat loss, calorie counting, portion sizes and the food pyramid
- Construct a simple weight loss plan
- Give examples of conditions which predispose individuals to obesity, or make it far more difficult for them to maintain a healthy weight
- Assess the impact of the two diabetes as they apply to weight loss
- Describe the considerations for working with individuals with type one diabetes
- Explain the effect of metabolic diseases on a person’s weight
- Make a balanced judgement as to when an individual is suitable for assistance from a weight loss consultant, and when they need to be treated by a medical professional
- Outline the characteristics and drawbacks of the most popular “fad diets”
- Explain why “diets” not work for sustained weight loss and management
- Define the “yo-yo” dieting effect
- Outline approaches to weight management which do work, and are sustainable in the long term
- Describe the relationship between emotion and food
- Give examples of situations where emotions or psychological considerations may lie at the heart of a weight issue
- Illustrate with examples the psychological effect which obesity can have on individuals
- Justify the consideration of psychological factors when dealing with weight loss
- List and describe different psychological approaches are effective in supporting weight loss and know how to help clients find help.
- Explain how exercise can contribute to initial weight loss, as well as maintenance of a healthy weight
- Differentiate between types of exercise which are suitable and unsuitable for obese individuals
- Outline the types of professionals who can provide tailored exercise plans for obese individuals
- Clarify instances when it is appropriate to recommend exercise to a client, and when to refer them to a medical professional
- Describe different ways in which clients can incorporate more exercise into their daily routines
The Weight Management Consultant course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Weight Management Consultant Level 4 from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Weight Management Consultant Level 4 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.