NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
Understand Health and Nutrition in depth and boost your CV and career with our NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
- Official CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
- Ideal for those aspiring to be a nutritionist or dietitian.
- Progress in your career in healthcare, sport and leisure or hospitality.
- Learn the principles of healthy eating, understand food nutrition and explore eating disorders.
- Put your skills in to practice in your workplace.
- Boost your CV and career.
- Study at your own pace, from your own environment.
Ideal if you are looking for a career in healthcare, fitness, nutrition or hospitality, this nationally recognised course allows students to gain a solid understanding of health and nutrition. You can then apply the skills and knowledge to your current or future job.
Gain insight into effective weight management including effective methods for a specific individual. You’ll also understand eating disorders, the causes and its effects on others.
Up to 1 year
Approximately 150 hours
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Qualification Number: 601/3389/2
- How diet is linked to health
- The components of a healthy diet
- The nutrients in food and their role in maintaining health
- The principles of healthy food preparation
- The nutritional needs of children and young people
- The nutritional needs of older people
- Special dietary requirements
- Barriers to healthy eating
- Understand food labelling
- Food additives
- Principles of healthy eating
- The risks associated with ineffective weight management
- How body image may influence weight management
- Effective methods of weight management
- Plan a short-term weight management programme for an individual
- The term 'eating disorder‘
- Causes of eating disorders
- How an eating disorder may affect the individual and others
- How a specific eating disorder may be managed
- The importance of handling food safely
- Importance of personal hygiene when handling food
- How to store food safely
- How food storage can affect the nutritional value of food
- How to keep the food work area clean
- How to check food is cooked to the correct temperature
- How to dispose of food waste safely
You will need to submit an assessment for each unit. The course is assessed through a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external exam to sit so all your assessments can be completed from home.
The course should approximately take 150 hours to complete. Once you have enrolled you can start at a time which is convenient to you. You have one full year from enrolment to complete the course.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. You can study this course online or as a course pack. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course students will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but you must be 16 years and above. It would be useful if you have achieved the Level 1 qualification but not necessary.
There are no exams to sit for this course. You will only be assessed on each assignment you hand in to your tutor.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
With the course pack option, you will also receive:
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen with highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
There are no additional costs, everything you need is included in the cost of this course.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to work in settings such as sport, exercise and fitness, hospitality, catering or healthcare with a strong understanding of nutrition and health.
The qualification can support employment progression in the following job roles:
- Care assistant or worker
- Personal care assistant
- Support worker (supported living)
- Key workers in domiciliary care services
- Home care support worker
- Healthcare support service worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Health education/promotion worker
- Sport and exercise nutritionist
- Exercise/fitness instructor
- Hospitality services assistant, school cook
- Cook or Chef
Successful students may then be able to progress on to Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.