Understanding Eating Disorders Level 2
Develop your knowledge of eating disorders with this level 2 course.
- Understand the types of eating disorders and their classifications.
- Explore how eating disorders are diagnosed and potential complications and side effects of different disorders.
- Learn about the causes of eating disorders and the treatment options available.
- Learn about the sources of help and advice available to both the individuals and their friends and family.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Restricting type
- Binge eating type
- Binge eating disorder
- Eating disorder not otherwise specified
- Side effects
- Patient perspectives
- Media and magazines
- Childhood experiences
- Healing the past
- Friends and family
- Personality disorders
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Support for caregivers
- Daughter-directed activities
- Construction of Anorexia
- The Pro-Ana community
- Participant observation and internet research ethics
- Analytic procedure
- Group identities
- Negative Attributions
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in Understanding Eating Disorders Level 2.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.