Sale! Researching Local History QLS Level 3
Explore how to research your local history, from home!
- Outline the key elements of local history
- Show where local history sits within the broader field
- Understand how local history is written
- Explain how to use archives and data sources
- Outline methods for publication
- Develop your ability to think critically
- Provide an understanding of the basic skills involved in historical study
- Provide a solid foundation for more advanced study
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Researching Local History Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Clarify what local history is
- Ways in which people get involved with local history
- Local history and its significance to the broader field
- State of military technology pre-war
- Types of sources available
- Value of each type of source
- Potential drawbacks with sources
- Analyse a source
- Local archive system
- How key features of a local archive can be used
- How archives are used by local historians
- Rules and polices for using archives
- Plan an archive visit
- The sources that are the most useful to local historians
- Different types of sources can be found
- Which sources are useful in answering a range of different questions
- Location of useful sources
- Issues with different sources
- Creating a plan for a written piece
- Characteristics of a well written history
- Importance of referencing and source citation
- Options for publishing your work, both physically and online
- Producing an outline for a local history study
- Creating a research plan for a project
- The broader role which local history plays in the historical field
- Taking your study further
- Employability options in the field of local history
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. Which is enough time to study at your own pace!
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
No qualifications or skills are needed to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Researching Local History Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.