PRINCE2 Foundation Project Management
Develop your project management skills with this recognised PRINCE2® Foundation Project Management qualification from home.
- Begin your training in one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects.
- Gain project management skills that can be universally applied regardless of scale, type, organisation or country.
- Complete your training at your chosen pace - the bookmarking system means you can study in easy steps and simply pick up next time where you left off.
- PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management and is the de facto standard for project management training.
- Exams included.
Begin your training in one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. The PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management and is the de facto standard for project management training. This flexible course allows you to complete your training at your chosen pace – the bookmarking system means you can study in easy steps and simply pick up the next time where you left off.
During the course, you will explore what Prince2 is, the four levels of management, product-based planning, quality control, and much more.
So, whether you’re looking to enhance your career prospects or simply want to gain a new skill, the PRINCE2 Foundation Project Management course is the ideal option for you.
This course would especially benefit you if you’re in one of the following roles:
- Project manager
- General manager
- Programme manager
- Team manager and support staff
- Key delivery team staff (such as product owners, scrum masters, and developers project management consultants)
Upon completion of the PRINCE2 Foundation Project Management course, you will be able to begin your journey into becoming a project manager. You can also expand on your foundation of knowledge and skills by undertaking another one of our project management courses.
Future career options:
- Project manager
- Agile project manager
- Scrum master
- Project coordinator
- Agile coach
- Agile consultant
Up to one year.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Multiple choice examination.
- Introduction to PRINCE2
- What is a project?
- Introduction to themes, processes and principles
- Four levels of management
- Project management team structure – project board
- Project management team structure – project assurance
- Project management team structure – project management
- Project management team
- Business justification and development path
- Outputs, outcomes and benefits
- Business case
- Benefits review plan
- IP – detail
- Three levels of plan
- Project plan
- Stage and team plans
- PRINCE2 approach to plans
- What is product-based planning?
- Create a simple PBS
- Create a simple PFD
- What is quality?
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
- Quality management system and quality planning
- Quality audit trail
- Quality review technique
- Risk management
- Risk management procedure
- Risk appetite, tolerance and budget
- Management stages
- Technical stages
- Project board controls
- Configuration management
- Issue and change management
- SU and IP overview
- SU - detail
- CS and MP introduction
- CS – monitoring and control
- CS – issue management
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
- Exam objectives
- Exam paper
- Exception plans
This course is assessed by an online multiple-choice examination. The exam takes 60 minutes and requires you to answer 70 questions, not including five practice questions, which do not count towards your grade. You will need to answer 35 of the 70 graded questions correctly (achieving 50%) to pass the course successfully.
This exam can be taken at home or at work at any time. You will be required to have access to the internet and a webcam to complete this examination. The cost of your exams is included in your course fee.
This course will take approximately 10 hours to complete overall. You can start at any time and work at your own pace from home.
The PRINCE2® course is a high-quality interactive course including audio and animation features. It includes access to a virtual learning environment where you can find resources, support videos, and discussion forums. You will also be able to take mock exam quizzes after each session to ensure your progress. You also receive a Prince2® e-book when enrolling on the Foundation course.
Completion of the foundation level confirms to employers you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively as a member of a project management team. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
The PRINCE2® Foundation certification is a benchmark of quality. PRINCE2® is widely recognised as the leading international standard in project management.
The PRINCE2® (6th Edition course) on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a (registered) trademark of Axelos Limited. All rights reserved.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
The cost of your exams is included in your course fee. However, you will need to ensure that you have a webcam and microphone enabled on your computer for the examination.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.