Drugs Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling QLS Level 4
Gain an insight into drugs solvent and alcohol abuse counselling, from home!
- Study theories of dependence and counselling ethics
- Develop your knowledge of the various counselling approaches, such as cognitive behavioural therapy
- Increase your understanding of psychology and real-life counselling techniques
- Learn how to help people using the best of your counselling knowledge and skills
This course focuses on the ethics, skills, approaches and techniques of providing a counselling service to users of drugs, solvents and alcohol.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or online, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email. You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is easy and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Drugs Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Exploring substance misuse
- Review of counselling skills and theory
- Psychodynamic approach
- Behavioural and cognitive approach
- Humanist approach
- What is dependence?
- Theory specific to substance dependence
- The counselling relationship: ethical considerations
- Classification and effects of psychoactive drugs
- Some background physiology
- Working with substance misusers
- Assessment and approach
- Basic assessment criteria
- Initial session suggestions
- Introduction and discussion
- Models and approaches
- Pathological components of alcohol misuse
- Working with people who have alcohol related problems
- The twelve-step approach
- Specific issues
- Counselling tools
- Theoretical perspectives
- Pavlov and Skinner
- Behaviour and learning review
- Case formulation
- Role reversal
- Problem-solving skills
- Behavioural tasks
- Ending the CBT programme
- Theoretical perspectives
- Karl Jung
- Object relations and ego psychology
- The psychodynamic model in substance and abuse counselling contexts
- Brief psychodynamic therapy
- Rogers and the person-centred approach
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- The existentialist approach
- Case studies
- Discussion about the person-centred approach
This course is assessed by a series of short assignments, which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
You can start this course at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies, which means you can study at your own pace.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Drugs, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling level 4.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.