Floristry QLS Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3
OSC1267 / OSC1266
Gain the skills and knowledge you need from home to set up your own floristry business!
- Discover how to care for and condition the flowers to keep them fresh
- Learn how to create floral designs for events such as weddings and funerals
- Understand how to write an effective business plan
- Develop your knowledge of different aspects of your business such as marketing and finance
- Add on practical day for hands on floristry training
This bundle course is ideal for aspiring florists who dream of owning their own floristry business. With this course you will perfect both your floristry knowledge and skills allowing you to create beautiful floral designs. You’ll also improve your knowledge of how to run your floristry business effectively.
As part of this course, you can also add on a 1-day practical session at a floristry centre in Liverpool. You’ll learn how to create a range of floral creations to get your portfolio off to a flying start. At the end of your practical session, you’ll even be able to take your designs home to show off your new skills!
This course will allow you to study at your own pace and when it suits you. With no deadlines or timetables to stick to, studying with Open Study College is a simple, hassle-free way to achieve your career goals.
You can submit your assignments by post or email, whichever suits you! And your coursework will be marked by our friendly and experienced tutors, who will provide you with unlimited email support throughout your studies.
Up to 2 years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Floristry Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business Level 3.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Series of written assignements.
- Tools and equipment required to create floral designs
- Specialist equipment available
- Range of mechanics
- Uses of a range of sundries and accessories
- International flower market and sourcing of flower material
- Quality of flower material
- Different conditioning methods
- Elements of design
- Principles of design and the design schema
- Identifying the most important dates that affect the florist’s annual calendar
- Costing a design and creating costing sheets
- Creating a buying and order list
- Classify flowers
- Classify foliage
- Tied designs and methods of construction
- Arrangements and methods of construction
- Funeral designs and the methods of construction
- Wedding designs and methods of construction
- Event flowers and methods of construction
- Planted designs and methods of construction
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
Practical days (Only if you add this on)
At the end of your course, you will attend a 1-day course at a Floristry school in Liverpool. These days are held throughout the year and will run between 9.30am – 4.30pm.
The course will be tutored by a tutor with a RHS Chelsea Gold Medal or a RHS Tatton Park Gold Medal so all the information and guidance you receive will be from a professional to make the most of your learning.
Once you have completed your written assignments, simply call and we’ll arrange this for you. Everything that you will need for your practical day will be provided on the day.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 240 hours.
You will study this course via distance learning, allowing you to learn wherever and whenever it suits you. With our choice of flexible study methods, you can choose the option that suits your learning style. If you choose to study online, you’ll be able to start studying through our online learning portal as soon as you receive your login details. If you choose a study pack, we will have your learning materials delivered to your door. You will also receive unlimited tutor support by email, meaning help and guidance is only ever a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and hauve two years to complete this bundle. The time limit and flexibility of this course allows to complete your studies at your own pace.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.