Floristry QLS Level 3
OSC953 / ABC1035
Take on a new challenge with our floristry course from home!
- Understand the correct tools and equipment required for a florist
- Know the correct conditioning methods and care for flowers and foliage
- Identify cut materials and their uses
- Discuss the importance of principle and elements of design and colour
- Understand the different types of design a florist can create and the uses for the designs
Save £679 when you buy this course as a package
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full year’s worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Add on your practical training where you will be able to learn a range of introductory floral creations. You will even be able to take them home with you and show off your skills!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Floristry Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Tools and equipment required to create floral designs
- Specialist equipment available
- Range of mechanics
- Uses of a range of sundries and accessories
- International flower market and sourcing of flower material
- Quality of flower material
- Different conditioning methods
- Elements of design
- Principles of design and the design schema
- Identifying the most important dates that affect the florist’s annual calendar
- Costing a design and creating costing sheets
- Creating a buying and order list
- Classify flowers
- Classify foliage
- Tied designs and methods of construction
- Arrangements and methods of construction
- Funeral designs and the methods of construction
- Wedding designs and methods of construction
- Event flowers and methods of construction
- Planted designs and methods of construction
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you up to 1 year to complete. This gives you more than enough time to complete your studies.
This course is designed to study through distance learning. This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post or via email. You will also get tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Practical Day (Only if you add this on)
If you add on your practical day, at the end of your course, you will attend a 1-day course at a Floristry school in Liverpool. These days are held throughout the year and will run between 9.30am – 4.30pm.
The course will be tutored by a tutor with an RHS Chelsea Gold Medal or an RHS Tatton Park Gold Medal so all the information and guidance you receive will be from a professional to make the most of your learning.
Once you have completed your written assignments, simply call and we’ll arrange this for you. Everything that you will need for your practical day will be provided on the day.
No qualifications or skills are needed to enrol onto this course. Although a Level 2 in maths and English would be beneficial.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
If you have added on the practical training, once you have completed your written assignments, you can book your practical day by calling us well in advance and we will provide you with all the details and arrange this for you.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Floristry Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.