Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Boost your knowledge of approaches to teaching, training, and education with this Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Education and Training from TQUK.
- Gain an official Ofqual regulated qualification with this TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- Develop your knowledge of how to approach teaching and learning in an inclusive manner.
- Deliver a microteach session to your tutor via Zoom to put your knowledge into practice.
- Study online from the comfort of your own home.
This Level 3 Award in Education and Training course is ideal for anyone looking to get into a teaching role or have just started a teaching role in the further education or skills sectors. This online course is an Ofqual regulated qualification that allows you to become a qualified trainer once you have successfully completed the course.
During your course, you’ll study the ways you can maintain a safe and supportive learning environment; how to plan, deliver, and evaluate teaching and learning with an inclusive approach; and the types and methods of assessment used in education and training.
You’ll also gain hands-on experience with the microteach activity included on this course. This will provide you with an opportunity to prepare and deliver a short teaching session following your own lesson plan via Zoom, Skype, or Microsoft Teams.
Up to three months.
On successful completion, you will receive your qualification in Level 3 Award in Education and Training awarded by TQUK.
You must be 19 years or older to enrol on this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and a microteach session.
Qualification title: TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
Qualification number: 601/1831/3
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Planning and delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Types and methods of assessment
- How to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- The role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Requirements for keeping records of assessment
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for those with little or no prior experience of teaching who are looking to teach in the further education or skills sectors.
You will be required to complete three assignments and a microteach session which will also include a feedback segment. Your microteach session will require you to conduct a teaching session with your tutor observing. You will have to deliver your microteach session either by Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams in real-time when it is convenient for you and your tutor, or you can record your own session and send it to your tutor. When delivering your session you must ensure you deliver to a minimum of two learners for a minimum of 20 minutes.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. You will be studying through an online portal which will include interactive modules with associated assignments. You will have access to online personal tutor support to help you throughout the course via email. You will also be required to deliver your microtech session to your tutor using one of the methods discussed above.
You will have up to three months to complete this course. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a Level 3 Award in Education and Training from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
TQUK is an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales, and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
TQUK aims to provide qualifications that meet the needs of the industry. They are designed by leading professionals and delivered by centres to their learners with integrity and compliance in mind.
You must be 19 years or older to enrol on this course. It is also advised that you have a good understanding of the English language and writing.
For this course, you will also need access to a video conferencing platform such as Zoom, Skype, or Microsoft Teams to conduct your microteach assessment session. You must have a sufficient broadband connection and a good quality webcam – a laptop with a built-in camera is ideal.
Once you have enrolled, you will have up to three months to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable to suit your lifestyle.
No, you do not need to be working in a teaching role to study this course
- Online learning platform
- Dedicated personal tutor support with email access.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
If you have not got a web camera you may need to purchase one. You will also need to buy your own reference books.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.