Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Learn more about practical teaching with this TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Gain an official Ofqual regulated CET qualification with this TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Develop your knowledge of how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions.
- Study online from home.
This TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training CET qualification is ideal for trainee teachers or individuals who are not currently teaching but are able to secure a placement in the further education or skills sectors.
While studying this Ofqual regulated qualification, you will expand your knowledge in areas such as how you can plan inclusive teaching and learning sessions; the resources available to help you deliver your inclusive teaching and learning sessions; and the key principles of teaching and learning and key curriculum issues in specialist areas.
You will need to either be currently teaching or in a position to obtain a placement in which you are teaching individuals or groups of learners aged 14 years or older to provide the evidence and observations you need to successfully complete this course.
This Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training CET qualification replaces the CTLLS course.
Up to six months.
On successful completion, you will receive a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training awarded by TQUK.
You must be 19 years or older to enrol on this course. You must also be currently teaching in or be able to secure a position in which you will be teaching individuals or groups of learners who are aged 14 or over in order to provide evidence of 30 hours of teaching practice. You are also required to be observed by a self-appointed observer in the setting who holds a minimum qualification of a level 4 certificate in education and training.
Tutor-marked assignments and three classroom-based observations.
Qualification number: 601/2136/1
- The teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Using initial diagnostic assessment to agree individual learning goals with learners
- Planning inclusive teaching and learning in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Implementing the minimum core in planning inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluating own practice when planning inclusive teaching and learning
- Using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Communicating with learners and other learning professionals to promote learning and progression
- Using technologies in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Implementing the minimum core when delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluating own practice in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Types and methods of assessment to meet the needs of individual learners
- Carrying out assessments in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Implementing the minimum core when assessing learners
- Evaluating your own assessment practice
- Resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Implementing the minimum core when using resources in the delivery of teaching and learning
- Evaluating own use of resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- The aims and philosophy of education and training in a specialist area
- The aims and structure of key qualifications and learning programmes available to learners in a specialist area
- The principles of inclusive teaching and learning and key curriculum issues in a specialist area
- How to use resources for inclusive teaching and learning in a specialist area
- Working with others within a specialist area to develop own practice
- Evaluating, improving and updating own knowledge and skills in a specialist area
Who is this course for?
This course is for trainee teachers and trainers who wish to improve their understanding of teaching.
You will be assessed through ongoing assignments that will take place throughout the course. You will also be observed during your teaching practice, twice by a suitably qualified colleague in your work environment and once by your tutor. The session that is observed by your tutor can be recorded. The two sessions that are observed by a work colleague must be live.
All of your assignments are completed and stored online and, as such, can be accessed from any device with internet access. This allows you to complete your qualification in a flexible manner from home.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. You will be studying through an online portal which will include interactive modules with associated assignments. You will have access to online personal tutor support to help you throughout the course via email.
You have up to six months to complete this course. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
TQUK is an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales, and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations, and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
TQUK aims to provide qualifications that meet the needs of the industry. They are designed by leading professionals and delivered by centres to their learners with integrity and compliance in mind.
To enrol on this course, you must be aged 19 years or over. You are not required to have any previous teaching experience or qualifications.
You will be required to be in a role in which you are currently teaching individuals or groups aged 14 or over where you can provide evidence of 30 hours of current teaching practice during the course. Alternatively, you must be able to secure a placement to allow you to gather the evidence in order to complete your course. Your role/work placement must also provide you with a self-appointed observer who holds a minimum teaching qualification of a level 4 certificate in education and training, which you tutor will need to see evidence of.
You have up to six months to complete this course.
You will need to complete 30 hours of teaching practice in a position where you are teaching individuals or a group of learners aged 14 or over. This teaching practice may be gained through paid or voluntary work.
- Online learning platform
- Dedicated personal tutor support with email access.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
No, everything is included in the price.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.