CompTIA A+ 220-1102
Do you want to make a career in the IT industry? Then this CompTIA A+ 220-1102 course could be perfect for you.
- Gain an internationally recognised IT qualification developed by industry experts.
- Learn more about the Microsoft Windows operating system and its features.
- Understand how to troubleshoot software issues on Microsoft Windows and mobile devices.
Save £399 when you buy this course as a package
Developed by leading IT experts, this internationally recognised, accredited CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certification is essential for anyone wanting to begin their career in IT or improve their skillset.
During the course, you will explore common operating system types and their purposes, the importance of physical security measures, implementing basic change management best practices, and much more.
Study at your own time and pace. You will have a full 12 months to complete the course.
Enrol today with a flexible study option to suit you and your busy lifestyle… deadlines and timetables are a thing of the past!
Providing a sound foundation of knowledge in operating systems, the CompTIA A+ 220-1002 course is ideal for:
- Students who want to boost their knowledge in their current career
- Those aspiring to achieve a career in IT
Following the successful completion of this course, you will be able to put your newfound knowledge into practice and develop your career. If after, you’re looking to enhance your IT knowledge even further, take a look at the other IT and computer courses we offer.
Jobs that use knowledge gained from a CompTIA course:
- IT support support specialist
- Help desk technician
- Field technician
- Tier I support specialist
- Desktop support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Systems support technician
- Junior systems administrator
The Computing Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice for the estimated 75 million person industry, and the tech professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers the world’s economy.
They promote industry growth, the development of highly skilled workforces, and a commitment to creating an environment where innovation happens, through education, training, and certificates.
CompTIA’s membership and certification holders span the full range of technology companies, from established Fortune 500 leaders to small and medium-sized tech businesses.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion.
- Common operating system types and their purposes
- Features of Microsoft Windows versions
- General OS installation considerations and upgrade methods
- Using appropriate Microsoft command line tools
- Using Microsoft operating system features and tools
- Using Microsoft Windows Control panel utilities
- Application installation and configuration concepts
- Configuring Microsoft Windows networking on a client/desktop
- Using features and tools of the Mac OS and Linux client/desktop operating systems
- The importance of physical security measures
- Logical security concepts
- Wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Detecting, removing, and preventing malware using appropriate tools and methods
- Social engineering, threats, and vulnerabilities
- The differences in basic Microsoft Windows OS security settings
- Implementing security best practices to secure a workstation
- Implementing methods for securing mobile devices
- Implementing appropriate data destruction and disposal methods
- Configuring security on small or home office wireless and wired networks
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows OS problems
- Troubleshooting and resolve PC security issues
- Using best practice procedures for malware removal
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application issues
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application security issues
- Best practices associated with types of documentation
- Implementing basic change management best practices
- Implementing basic disaster prevention and recovery methods
- Common safety procedures
- Environmental impacts and appropriate controls
- The processes for addressing prohibited content/activity, and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Using proper communication techniques and professionalism
- Identifying the basics of scripting
- Using remote access technologies
To receive the full CompTIA A+ 220-1002 certification, you will need to complete an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost between £140 and £290 depending on the centre you choose.
With this flexible home learning course, you can fast-forward, rewind or repeat all the online classes so you can go at your own pace with no strict deadlines. You have a full 12 months to complete the course.
This blended learning solution offers a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, multimedia presentations and educational games to assist with your study. Fun quizzes and exam simulations after each module reinforce your confidence and aid progression to the next stage. This course also includes the use of social networking forums, so you chat and gain friendly advice and support from other students.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion, so you can showcase your achievement to future employers.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course. However, we recommend you have a basic knowledge of IT.
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
To receive the full CompTIA certification, you will need to sit an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost between £140 and £290 depending on the centre you choose.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.