Child Care QLS Level 3 and Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge in child care and nutrition for young children, from home. Study the convenient way!
- Explore how to provide a healthy and enriching care environment for toddlers and young children
- Learn about the nature of children's development and use this knowledge to develop a sound and well-informed approach to child care
- Study health and safety and procedures for safeguarding young children in your care
- Evaluate diets for balance and promote healthier food choices at this crucial stage of a child’s development
- Learn how to give nutritional advice keeping in mind contemporary issues that present challenges to our nutritional health
Nutrition is an increasingly important consideration for providers of child care, whether in nurseries, play schools or wraparound care.
This course aims to equip you with the skills to provide high-quality child care, as well as providing you with sound knowledge of young children’s nutritional needs.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Child Care Level 3 and Nutrition For Young Children Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Care Level 3
- What is a 'healthy lifestyle?'
- Healthy eating
- Activities for young children
- Well-being for children and their families
- Documentation required for a home child care business
- Intellectual development
- Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
- Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
- Current legal requirements
- Respecting and valuing individuality
- How to deal with conflict
- Types of foods that should be avoided
- Special dietary requirements
- Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
- Government guidelines on food and nutrition
- Data Protection Act
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
- Methods and systems for recording financial information
- Tax and VAT
- Storing data
- Using ICT
- Safety concerns
- Literacy, language and communication
- Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Creative development
Nutrition For Young Children QLS Level 3
- Nutrients that comprise our food
- How our bodies use these nutrients
- The effect of nutrients
- The effects of nutritional imbalance
- Current guidelines for healthy eating
- Nutrition - preconception and during pregnancy
- Milk feeding
- Common feeding problems in infants
- Nutrition for preterm infants
- Main dietary principles for good nutrition in the 1-4 year age group
- Common challenges of providing a balanced diet for children aged between 1-4 years
- Challenges of providing a balanced diet within childcare settings
- Core components of nutritionally beneficial meal plans for children of this age group
- Challenges of providing good nutrition for school aged children
- Range of factors which influence nutritional choice within this age group
- Potential risk factors within this age group associated with nutritional imbalance
- Strategies and schemes that can be used to address some of the nutritional challenges within this age group
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Medical conditions that require dietary modification
- Advising parents
- Main nutritional problems which contribute to the rising incidence of childhood obesity
- Negative impacts of childhood obesity in terms of health and wellbeing
- Risk factors for diabetes associated with childhood obesity
- How childhood obesity can impact future health and wellbeing into adulthood
This course is assessed through a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement. One from ABC Awards and Certa Awards for the Nutrition for Young Children Level 3 which includes a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). Learners will also receive a Certificate of Achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) for the Child Care Level 3 course.
The Nutrition for Young Children Level 3 course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Child Care Level 3 course has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 in full
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 £399 in full
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 £399 in full