Child Care Home Practitioners Level 3
Study how to provide high-quality childcare within a home environment.
- Learn about all elements of childcare, including child development, diversity issues and providing the correct care environment for a child.
- Explore the legislation surrounding childcare, and the legal responsibilities of a child carer.
- Child Care Home Practitioners can earn up to £25,000 once fully qualified.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
All your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
Child Care Home Practitioners Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The main development of a child from birth to 8 years
- Social, economic and environmental factors influencing development
- Genetic and hereditary factors affecting development
- Childrens overall development needs
- Defining special needs
- Supporting children with special needs
- Key transitions
- Supporting children through transitions
- Policies to meet diversity within the child-minding setting
- Inclusion within the child-minding setting
- Effects of discrimination
- Meeting children's nutritional needs
- Meeting children's rest and sleep needs
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
- Exploring consequences as a result of the failure to meet appropriate hygiene procedures
- Signs and symptoms of common childhood illnesses
- Informing parents of illness and documenting illness
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Types of play and their importance in relation to development and age
- Observation and planning
- Every Child Matters and Birth to Three Matters Framework
- The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Available resources in relation to Health and Safety, Diversity and Inclusion
- Stages of behaviour in children
- Encouraging appropriate behaviour
- Informing parents of inappropriate behaviour and its documentation
- Behaviour attributed to specific special needs
- The main types of child abuse
- Signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Documentation relating to: (a) Confidentiality (b) Reporting and recording incidents of child abuse
- Contacting professionals in the case of child abuse
- Procedures to follow in the case of child abuse
- Sources of support
- Child-minders legislation
- Legal responsibilities of the child-minder
- Procedures for admission and collection
- Legal implications of child-minding
- Policies and procedures to meet OFSTED requirements
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Accessing child-minding services
- The child-minders responsibilities for building positive relations with parents and other professionals in relation to confidentiality, complaints and documentation procedures
- Explore the contacts for support for the child-minding service
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking.
You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration. This is a lot more time than you need so that you can study at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.