Child Care Home Practitioners QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge of how to offer high-quality childcare within a home environment with this Child Care Home Practitioners Level 3 course.
- This course is a great addition to your CV to help you progress your career in childcare.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge needed to work as a childminder.
- Learn the essentials for safeguarding the children in your setting, the early years foundation stage curriculum, and the legal responsibilities of a childminder.
- Study at home at your own pace.
This Child Care Home Practitioners Level 3 course is a knowledge-only course that will provide you with the knowledge you need to offer childcare services from your home. This course can also support your CV when starting your career in childcare as proof of valuable knowledge.
During your studies, you’ll explore essential topics such as diversity and inclusion in a childminding setting, how to meet the physical needs of children in your care, spotting the signs and symptoms of abuse to safeguard children, and how to build positive professional relationships with the parents of the children in your care. You will also learn more about the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Every Child Matters, and Birth to Three Matters frameworks to allow you to support the learning and development of the children in your childcare setting.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Child Care Home Practitioners QLS Level 3 certificate of achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a learner unit summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The main development of a child from birth to 8 years
- Social, economic and environmental factors influencing development
- Genetic and hereditary factors affecting development
- Childrens overall development needs
- Defining special needs
- Supporting children with special needs
- Key transitions
- Supporting children through transitions
- Policies to meet diversity within the childminding setting
- Inclusion within the childminding setting
- Effects of discrimination
- Meeting children's nutritional needs
- Meeting children's rest and sleep needs
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
- Exploring consequences as a result of the failure to meet appropriate hygiene procedures
- Signs and symptoms of common childhood illnesses
- Informing parents of illness and documenting illness
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Types of play and their importance in relation to development and age
- Observation and planning
- Every Child Matters and Birth to Three Matters frameworks
- The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Available resources in relation to health and safety, diversity and inclusion
- Stages of behaviour in children
- Encouraging appropriate behaviour
- Informing parents of inappropriate behaviour and its documentation
- Behaviour attributed to specific special needs
- The main types of child abuse
- Signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Documentation relating to: (a) Confidentiality (b) Reporting and recording incidents of child abuse
- Contacting professionals in the case of child abuse
- Procedures to follow in the case of child abuse
- Sources of support
- Childminders legislation
- Legal responsibilities of the childminder
- Procedures for admission and collection
- Legal implications of childminding
- Policies and procedures to meet OFSTED requirements
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Accessing childminding services
- The childminders responsibilities for building positive relations with parents and other professionals in relation to confidentiality, complaints, and documentation procedures
- Explore the contacts for support for the childminding service
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those currently considering a career as a childminder.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Child Care Home Practitioners Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
If you decide to pursue a career as a childminder after completing this course, we would recommend that you complete the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Home Based Childcare – Childminder Route which will allow you to become a qualified childminder or take up an alternative childcare role in a home based setting.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
No, there are no exams for you to sit. We will issue certification based on your tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with feedback for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.