Cake Making QLS Level 2
Is there a celebration coming up? Maybe a birthday or christening? Then now is the time to develop those all-important cake making skills and show them off. This course will help you do just that from home. After all everyone loves cake, so enrol now!
- Understand the basic skills, theories and approaches used to create beautiful, inventive and decorative cakes
- Develop skills in designing, baking and decorating your own cakes
- Learn about the chemistry that is used in baking
- Explore the different equipment used to make cakes
- Investigate the wide range of cakes and fillings
- Learn how to create and design a cake from scratch
- Understand the different types of icing techniques
- Understand what sugar craft is and how to use it in decorating your cake
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Cake Making Level 2.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Basic chemistry of baking
- Functions of the main ingredients
- Cake chemistry
- Gluten in baking
- Equipment used for baking
- Electric mixers
- Scales and measurers
- Different types of tins
- Cooling racks
- Icing guns and smoothers
- Spacers and levellers
- Dowling, tiers and spacers
- Piping and embellishing
- Textures of cakes
- Types of cakes
- Multi-tiered cakes
- Sculpting cakes
- Layer cakes
- Cake fillings
- Design a cake from scratch
- Selecting cake types
- Trial and error
- Plan a cake
- Potential obstacles
- Fondant icing
- Royal Icing
- Butter cream
- Sugar paste
- Introduction to sugar craft
- Creating flowers and petals
- Sugar paste
- Modelling paste
- Colour visual effects
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. This gives you more than enough time to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Cake Making Level 2.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.