CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection
Achieve your CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection and boost your health and social care career!
- Nationally recognised NCFE CACHE qualification.
- Understand the principles of infection prevention and control, including policies, legislation, systems, and procedures.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
This CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection qualification is ideal for anyone currently working in the health and social care sectors who want to learn more about the prevention and control of infection.
This course will cover the common sources of infection and how it is transmitted, as well as how you can manage the cleaning, decontamination, and waste management when it comes to infection control, including the use of personal protective equipment and cleaning schedules.
Up to one year.
Approximately 70 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection qualification once you have successfully completed this course.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legislation and policies
- Systems and procedures
- Risk assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good personal hygiene in the prevention
- Control of infections
- Common illnesses and infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- Infection and colonisation
- Systemic infection
- Localised infection
- Poor practices
- Transmission of infection
- Growth of microorganisms
- Infective agents
- Common sources of infection
- Infective agents can be transmitted
- Key factors
- Environmental cleaning
- Cleaning schedules
- Correct management
- National policy
- Decontamination process
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning and storing equipment
- Different categories of waste
- Dealing with waste safely
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 70 hours to complete. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection award.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this qualification, however, you must be at least 14 years of age to study this course.
- Expert personal tutor support.
- Dedicated learner services.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service and employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for two years.
- *Study pack including notebook, pen, and highlighter.
*Not included with the online study option.
You do not need to be working to enrol on this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.