NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges and NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Begin your career in education from the comfort of your own home!
- Gain an understanding of how children and young people develop.
- Develop your knowledge of safeguarding and the well-being of children and young people.
- Develop your knowledge in communication and creating professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 240 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges and NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges
- Identify the different types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Know the organisation of schools and colleges regarding roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges put their aims and values into action
- Learn the range and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
- Learn the significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Know the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Know how to develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Learn how to communicate with children and young people
- Understand how to develop professional relationships with adults
- Understand the legislative and policy framework for health and safety within a learning environment
- Identify and learn how to manage risks to children and young people’s health, safety and security
- Learn how to support children and young people regarding risk management
- Learn about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured, including emergency procedures
- Know about child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Know the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Understand how to promote anti-discriminatory practice with children and young people
- Learn how to use inclusive practices in work with children and young people
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Learn the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised regarding roles and responsibilities
- Know the importance of teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand the ethos, mission, aims and values of education
- Learn the importance of policies and procedures in education
- Understand how to provide environments that support children and young people's health and safety
- Learn how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Know how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment
- Know the responsibilities of your own role is assisting the administration of medication
- Know the legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Learn the importance of ensuring the safety and protection of children and young people in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Learn how to support wellbeing when working with children and young people
- Understand the pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people's development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people's development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 240 hours to complete. Students will receive two years to complete the course. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course via distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges and NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest-quality courses and industry-recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, you must be at least 16 years of age. Students also must have basic IT skills and be fluent in English Language.
You may start at any time and have a full two years to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need to be working to enrol onto this course as this is a knowledge only qualification.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges and NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
From £35.90 per month
or from £999 in full
From £24.15 per month
or from £599 in full
From £20.35 per month
or from £549 in full