CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Kick-start your career in childcare today!
- Gain the necessary knowledge required to progress onto the Level 3 course
- Develop your existing skills within the children and young people’s workforce
- Understand the legislation surrounding working within a childcare setting
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years
This CACHE Level 2 course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification and a career in childcare.
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
Up to 12 months
261 hours of learning and 200 hours placement.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
You will need to secure a placement or be working in a nursery, pre-school or school in mainland UK.
Workplace observations and written assignments.
- Learn the vital stages within a child and young person’s development
- Understand the factors that affect children and young people’s development
- Possible effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Help to assess of the development needs of children and young people
- Support the development of children and young people
- Know the transitions of children and young people and be able to support it
- Learn about the legislation, policies and correct procedures for safeguarding
- Know the correct procedures when caring for ill or injured children and young people
- Understand the suitable approach to dealing with abuse or harm claims
- Learn the health and safety rules and procedures of the working environment
- Recognise risks to health and safety in the working environments and at off site visits
- Know how to react to a child or young person’s injuries or illness
- Understand the regulatory requirements for creating a positive environment for children and young people
- Support an environment that creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere
- Learn and support the needs of children and young people in a positive environment
- Know how to work in partnership within services for children and young people
- Learn the importance of communication in services for children and young people
- Learn how to work co-efficiently with carers
- Learn the rules and procedures within the setting for promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support and endorse positive behaviour
- Know how to respond appropriately to inappropriate behaviour
- Understand the importance of communication in the workplace
- Recognise the communication and language needs of specific individuals
- Ensure there are no communication barriers within the work environment
- Know the requirements for competence in your own role
- Reflect on your own personal work activities
- Create and employ a personal development plan
- Learn the importance of equality and inclusion in the workplace
- Work co-efficiently in an inclusive way
- Know where and how to access information about equality, diversity and inclusion
- Communicate and work efficiently with children and young people
- Build and maintain positive relationships with children and young people
- Support and help to build relationships between children and young people
- Understand the development pattern of development from birth to 19 years
- Supporting the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Know how to monitor behaviour and when interventions should occur
- Understand the legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines when safeguarding children and young people
- Know the importance of e-safety for children and young people
- Learn the importance of the safety of children and young people
- Know how to respond appropriately to evidence or concerns of abuse or harm
All units are internally assessed. Assessment enables the learner’s workplace practice to provide evidence for individual units as well as the whole qualification.
This course requires an assessment of your practical skills within your working environment. It is essential that you secure a placement that can provide you with a suitably qualified workplace assessor.
They will need to observe you, comment on your skills and write a report to meet the assessment requirements.
This direct observation will be used as evidence towards your qualification. Methods of assessment could include:
Direct observation of practice
Reflection on own practice in real work situations
It is recommended you have 212 hours of study time.You will also be required to complete 200 hours of placement to complete the course.
You have 12 months to complete the course, which is more than enough time needed. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from wherever you want, as long as you have your course materials, you can study!
Choose to study online or from a course pack.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
You will need to be at least 16 years of age to enrol onto this course. You will also need to secure a placement or be working in a nursery, pre-school or school in mainland UK. Students also must have basic IT skills and be fluent in English Language.
You have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
Yes, you will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement as you will need to demonstrate competence in both knowledge and skills.
It is important that your placement is in a nursery, pre-school or school, and it is essential that your placement can provide you with a workplace assessor who is suitably qualified at level 3 or above (with management responsibilities) to provide written observations of your practice (at least 3 observations are required during your placement).
Your workplace assessor will also need to sign off any additional evidence that you provide for assessment relating to your placement.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 in full
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 £399 in full
From £16.74 per month
or from £449 £399 in full