Basic Maths Level 2
Gain a certificate in basic maths from home!
- Improve your understanding of maths.
- Study online from the comfort of your home.
- Coursework can be sent straight to your tutor by e-mail.
- Support from our experienced and friendly tutors.
Many employers ask for job applicants to have a basic maths skills but going back to college to study maths can be a daunting option.
Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 60 hours.
You will receive a certificate of completion in Basic Maths Level 2.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Place value (tens, hundredths, thousandths)
- Long division
- Traditional methods
- Box methods
- Square numbers and roots
- Cubic numbers and roots
- Order of operations (BODMAS)
- Inequalities (more than, less than signage)
- Inverse operations
- Decimals and decimal places
- Standard Form
- Equivalences between decimals, fractions and percentages
- Basic probability
- Units of Time
- Speed, distance and time
- Weight and mass
- Frequency charts
- Bar charts
- Line graphs
- Scatter plots
- Interpret findings from a questionnaire
- Presentation of results
- Using appropriate mathematical skills
- Using skills and knowledge from the rest of the course
The assessment takes the form of a series of written assignments, which are submitted and marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 60 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. You can access your course online via an online study platform. You will also receive full tutor support, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Basic Maths Level 2 Certificate.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.