CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
Improve your career prospects in health and social care with this nationally recognised qualification in end of life care!
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification in end of life care.
- Outline the factors that can affect an individual’s views on death and dying.
- Describe how you might respond to difficult questions from individuals and others.
- Recognise the potential barriers an individual may face when accessing end of life care.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
This level 2 CACHE course is great for students who want to develop their knowledge in end of life care and is ideal for those aspiring to achieve a career in a hospice, care home, care in the community and primary care.
Up to 12 months
Approximately 28 hours
Successful students will receive their NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Tutor-marked written assignments
Course Qualification Number: 600/4893/1
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand the aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Understand factors regarding communication in end of life care
- Know how to access the range of support services available to individuals and others
- Identify the potential barriers an individual may face when accessing end of life care
- Define local and national policy and guidance for care after death
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take you 12 months to complete, which is more than enough time to complete approximately 28 hours of learning time. This means you can work at your own pace – how fast you work through the course is completely up to you! You will have no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with so you can spread your workload across the year, fitting your course around your busy schedule.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however you must be at least 16 years of age.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need to be working to enrol onto this course as this is a knowledge only qualification.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Level 2 Award in the Awareness of End of Life Care.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.