CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
Develop your knowledge with this CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care course.
- Nationally recognised qualification from NCFE CACHE.
- Gain an understanding of the perspectives on death and dying and the impact it has.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
This CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care course is suitable for anyone working in a hospice, care home, the community, or primary care who is looking to develop their knowledge of end of life care. This course is ideal for anyone working in health and social care who is looking to support their professional development to benefit either their current or future job role.
This course will cover the principles and policies involved in end of life care, as well as the factors you need to understand when it comes to communication. You will also learn more about the support services available and the potential barriers someone may face when accessing end of life care.
Up to 12 months.
Approximately 28 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care once you have successfully completed this course.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Course qualification number: 600/4893/1
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand the aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Understand factors regarding communication in end of life care
- Know how to access the range of support services available to individuals and others
- Identify the potential barriers an individual may face when accessing end of life care
- Define local and national policy and guidance for care after death
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care.
This qualification is worth 3 credits.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for two years. Please contact our student services team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professionals studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this qualification, however, you must be at least 16 years of age to study this course.
- Expert personal tutor support.
- Dedicated student support.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service and employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for two years.
- *Study pack including notebook, pen, and highlighter.
*Not included with the online study option.
You do not need to be working to enrol on this course as this is a knowledge-only qualification.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.