Anatomy and Physiology Levels 3 and 4
Learn everything about anatomy and physiology with this combined level 3 and 4 course.
- Identify and explain the 6 levels of structural organisations of the body
- Understand how the immune system protects us against diseases
- Study the digestive system and how its organs work together to convert food into energy and basic nutrients to feed the entire body
- Explore the functions of the endocrine system and how it collects glands that produce hormones
- Develop knowledge about the reproductive system and explore both female and male functions
- Learn about how the lymphatic system carries tissue fluid throughout body to fight infections and diseases
Study both levels 3 and 4 and be one step closer to achieving a career in anatomy and physiology. Whether you are looking to pursue a career in physiotherapy, the health and fitness industry or even medicine, this course will help you develop your skills and knowledge to achieve the job of your dreams.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be sent to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 200 hours.
You will receive your certificate in achievement in Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 and 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Anatomical regions and planes
- Directional terminology
- Cell structure, function and division
- Types of tissue found in the body
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Different muscle types in the body
- Actions of different muscles
- Structure and function of the nervous system
- Function and structure of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Function of blood in the body
- Process of gas exchange in internal and external respiration
- Function of the heart
- Main structures and function of the digestive system
- How food is processed by the digestive system
- Main structures and function of the endocrine system
- Function of hormones in the body
- Structure and function of the skin
- Structure and function of the nails and hair
- Main structures and function of the immune system
- How the lymphatic system fights pathogens
- Key structures and functions of the male and female reproductive systems
- Journey of an egg from the ovary to fertilisation or menstruation
- Main structure and functions of the renal system
- The three stages of filtration in the kidneys
- Cells and organelles
- Fluid mosaic model of a cell membrane
- Substance transportation
- Cell respiration
- Cell replication
- Blood system
- The nervous system
- Synapse and neurotransmitters
- Areas of the brain
- Grey matter and white matter
- The spinal cord
- Automatic nervous system
- Lymphatic system
- Endocrine system
- Hypothalamus and pituitary
- Cardiovascular system
- Structures of the heart
- Blood supply to the heart
- Blood pressure
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Main structures of the digestive system
- Function of liver and pancreas
- Urinary system
- The kidneys
- Musculoskeletal system
- Reproductive system
- Female and male reproductive system
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The courses have been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for their high-quality. The courses are not regulated by Ofqual and are not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
The courses have been benchmarked at Level 3 and Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- Comprehensive study guide
- Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- Three colour highlighter
- Student notebook
No, you will be assessed on your tutor-marked assignment only.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 and Level 4 Certificates.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.