AAT Bookkeeping Levels 1 2 3
Achieve a recognised qualification from the comfort of your own home with this 3-course bundle!
- Study double-entry bookkeeping, financial statements, VAT reporting, accounts for sole traders and much more!
- Ideal for beginner and experienced bookkeepers looking to acquire further knowledge and skills
- Provides career progression with the opportunity of progressing onto the AAT Accounting Qualification or Computerised Accounting qualifications
- AAT qualifications are recognised by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies and are widely sought after by employers
- This qualification provides a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting practices, including the double-entry bookkeeping system
- Gain all the essential skills to manage a business's books effectively
- Ideal for those hoping to start their own business, or work in a company's finance department
- Completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping will enable you to gain credit towards the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
As well as your AAT course materials and tutor support, this combined course includes the examination fees needed to successfully gain your AAT qualifications.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by email or via post, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 360 hours.
On completion of exams, you will receive your AAT Bookkeeping Levels 1, 2 and 3.
It is recommended you have basic maths skills.
Tutor-marked assignments and computer-based assessments taken at an external exam centre.
AAT Level 1 Access Award in Bookkeeping
- The duties and responsibilities of a bookkeeper
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Buying and selling
- Bookkeeping terminology
- Invoices and credit notes
- Recording information
- Outstanding amounts
- Recording receipts and payments
- Understanding and using the cash book
- Checking the cash book
AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2
- Understanding financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Processing transaction through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3
- Applying the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and recording depreciation calculations
- Recording period and adjustments
- Recording period and adjustments Producing and extending the trial balance
- Distinguishing between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explaining the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders
- Producing accounts for partnership
- Recognising the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understanding and applying VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding implications of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Reporting VAT related information in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
Assessment (AAT Award in Bookkeeping Level 1)
The qualification is assessed through an external end-of-qualification assessment. This computer-based assessment is to be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. Your tutor will help you to decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
Assessment (AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2)
This course is assessed by two AAT computer-based assessments which are completed online at an external test centre and four tutor marked assessments. This provides complete flexibility and the opportunity to progress more quickly if desired. Your tutor will help you to decide when you are ready to take these.
Assessment (AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3)
This course is assessed by four AAT computer-based assessments, which are completed online at an external test centre. As well as seven tutor marked assessments. This provides complete flexibility and the opportunity to progress more quickly if desired. Your tutor will help you to decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
The assessments for these courses will be taken at a centre in Irthlingborough, near Northampton. We will book these assessments for you when you feel you are ready. Please note – when booking this package, it is important to note that we are only able to book assessments at the specified centre in Irthlingborough, and you must therefore be prepared to travel to the centre to complete your assessments.
You will have two years to complete your courses from the date of enrolment. All together this bundle should take you approximately 360 hours to complete. This is enough time for you to work at your own pace.
Once you enrol, you will receive all course materials by post and receive full tutor support for a year by email. Once registered with AAT you will also have online access to online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments.
On successful completion of your AAT exams you will receive two certificates awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is a leading membership organisation for over 120,000 accounting professionals.
You must be 16 years old in order to enrol onto this course, as well as have basic mathematical skills and IT literacy.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Exclusive Open Study College Study Pack
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE NUS Extra Card
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. However, the cost of the exams is included within the price of the course.
You are still able to study this AAT course but must take the examinations within the UK at the Irthlingborough centre as this is the only guaranteed way to access examination centres.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.