Youth Justice Worker QLS Level 3
Learn the skills and knowledge you need to become a youth justice worker, from home!
- Explore the origins of the youth justice service
- Discover the legal frameworks of the young justice system including ethics and practices
- Understand the Role of the Youth and Community worker
- Understand Sociology and Social Problems that children and youth face
- Learn about the wider societal issues that can impact upon the life journeys of young people as they often experience multiple inequalities
- Identify and define prevention, Intervention of offending and re-offending
- Understand the core competencies and skills to be a youth justice practitioner and deliver effective practice
- Create a personal development plan to help your understanding of effective practice principles in the youth justice system
- Identify risk factors that may have contributed to the youth offending
- Understand how to create risk assessments, prepare reports and manage future risk
- Know how to write reports on fictitious case studies
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be sent to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Up to 100 hours.
Youth Justice Worker Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Youth offending teams
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- AssetPlus sections
- Excluded assignments
- AssetPlus difficulties
- Difficulties in the assessing
- Difficulties with parents being present
- Attitude to offending
- Restorative justice
- Children Act 
- 3 coping routes
- Mental Health
- Plan a dissertation
- Primary factors
- Evaluate the best pathway
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.