Youth Justice Services QLS Level 3
Discover knowledge and understanding about the youth justice services, from home!
- Understand youth justice system in England and Wales within its historical, political and theoretical context
- Learn about the theoretical underpinning of youth justice practice
- Gain an understanding of the rights, responsibilities and the legal framework of the youth justice system as well as the values and ethics that inform youth justice practice
- Explore children’s needs and rights, the exclusions young people face, how they develop and how to assess young people’s vulnerability
- Understand how to protect them and how to promote their wellbeing
- Discover key themes and ideas including; children’s needs and rights, the exclusions young people face, how they develop
- Understand that as well as examining the experience of secure state, this unit explores recidivism and questions accountability of youth crime and justice
- Plan and present a Dissertation responding to Lord Laming’s enquiry
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All the materials will be delivered to you, by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
Youth Justice Services Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Treatment and punishment of children
- Main themes
- Extent of offending
- The Youth Offending Team
- Youth cautions
- Conditional cautions
- Anti-social behaviour
- Criminological theories
- Risk factors
- Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Verbal/written warnings
- SCH; STC and a YOI
- Procedures and policies
- Dissertation project
- Collecting evidence
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certifcate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Youth Justice Services Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.