World War 1 QLS Level 3
Take a trip back in history and explore all you need to know about World War 1!
- Discover the key points of World War 1.
- Understand how World War 1 broke out.
- Identify the characteristics of the war.
- Explain the significance of the treaty of Versailles.
- Know what the term “mechanised warfare” means.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
World War 1 Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Terms of the treaty of London
- International tension
- State of military technology pre-war
- Assassination of the Archduke
- System of alliances
- “The war of movement”
- Trench warfare
- Characteristics of trench warfare
- “Mechanised warfare”
- The sinking of the Lusitania
- Chemical Weapons
- Evacuation of the Gallipoli Peninsula
- “War of attrition”
- Battle of the Somme
- Battle of Verdun
- New forms of warfare
- Role of new machines of war
- American entry into the war
- Home front
- German counteroffensives of 1918
- Closing phase of the war
- Germany and the central powers collapsed in 1918
- Treaty of Versailles
- Post war events
- Setting the scene for WW2
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol onto this course. You may need to conduct your own further reading.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Certificate of Achievement in World War 1 Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.