Working in the Private Security Industry Level 3
Take your career in a new direction with a flexible home learning course. This course will help you learn all the skills you need to kick-start you career in the security industry!
- Understand the control and legislation around security.
- Explore basic health and safety within the security industry.
- Identify the customer care, patrolling, searching, the law and evidence requirements within the security industry.
- Investigate the basic conflict management.
- Understand the use of force, different physical intervention techniques, resolving and reflection on conflict.
- Recognise basic business continuity and how to identifying terrorist activity and vulnerable people.
This course will allow you to study at a time and place which suits you with no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with. This means you can fit studying around your other commitments!
You will receive your course by post or email, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Working in the Private Security Industry Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The Private Industry Act and the SIA
- Qualities of the private security officers
- Civil and criminal law
- Basic legislation within the security industry
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Minimising risk in the workplace
- Safety signs
- Fire safety
- Principles of customer care
- Types of patrolling
- Types of searching
- The law and different types of evidence
- Avoid conflict and reducing risk
- Common causes of conflict
- Defusing conflict
- Controlling space
- Resolving conflict
- Using reasonable force and factors in determining its use
- Physical intervention techniques
- Lessons and learning from conflict
- Anti-terrorism within the security industry
- Terrorist deterrents and business continuity plans
- Identifying factors that make a person vulnerable
- The behaviour of sexual predators
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You will have a full year to complete this course, which is plenty of time to be able to study at your own pace.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Working in the Private Security Industry Level 3.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK and is not an accredited qualification. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
No previous skills or knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be receive a Certificate of Achievement in Working in the Private Security Industry Level 3.
It’s not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.