TQUK Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants RQF
Progress your career as a teaching assistant and increase your earning potential with this TQUK Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants.
- This TQUK Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants will provide you with the qualification you need to progress.
- Broaden your knowledge by studying a range of advanced topics that are essential in the role of a higher level teaching assistant.
- Complete a placement during your studies and put your knowledge into practice.
This TQUK Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants has been created for those currently working as a teaching assistant who wishes to achieve higher level teaching assistant status.
The qualification will help you as an aspiring higher level teaching assistant to develop your knowledge and skills to meet the challenges your workplace presents. You will also learn how to support pupils and small groups with a range of additional needs.
You will also need to complete a work placement during your studies to demonstrate your capabilities in the role of a higher level teaching assistant.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a TQUK Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants RQF.
To enrol on this course, you must be aged at least 16 and be working or volunteering in a school as a teaching assistant.
Tutor-marked assessments are internally set and marked by Open Study College with external verification from the awarding organisation. You will also need to complete a work placement.
- Understand the functions of and requirements for being a higher level teaching assistant.
- Understand the requirements for continuing professional development specific to the role of the higher level teaching assistant.
- Understand how to work in a team and share effective practice with colleagues.
- Understand the phases of child development.
- Be able to analyse the factors that affect children’s development.
- Understand the impact that parents and carers can have on the welfare and development of a child.
- Understand how to support frameworks can influence the development and welfare of children and young people.
- Understand the special educational needs code of practice and disabilities legislation which relate to supporting learners.
- Understand the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion legislation and codes of practice.
- Understand who to support children and young people who have special educational needs.
- Understand the special educational requirements of learners with sensory and/or physical impairments.
- Understand how to provide support to children and young people with English as an additional language.
- Understand policies and procedures which promote positive behaviour in children and young people.
- Promote positive behaviours in children and young people.
- Address challenging and inappropriate behaviour from children and young people.
- Contribute to reviews of behaviour and behaviour management policies.
- Provide support for individual learners.
- Provide support for small groups of learners.
- Be able to communicate with children, young people, colleagues, parents, and carers.
- Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Plan and deliver lessons which meet the objectives and intended outcomes of learning activities designed for a range of age groups and abilities.
- Understand how to use ICT skills to support teaching and learning.
- Use a range of strategies to set learning objectives and monitor progress and attainment.
- Be able to monitor learners’ progress through maintaining and analysing records.
Once enrolled, you have 12 months access to the course content.
Your course will be studied through distance learning meaning you can learn the course at a time and place that suits you. Your course materials can either be emailed online or posted to you as a study pack depending on which you select at enrolment. You will receive your tutor support by email.
You will be required to complete seven tutor marked assessments during this course. Assessments are internally set and marked by Open Study College with external verification from the awarding organisation.
Additionally, You must fulfil a minimum of 50 hours work as part of your current role or on a voluntary work placement in a teaching assistant role to achieve this qualification.
It is essential that you secure a placement in a reception setting or above with a suitably qualified teacher (to act as your workplace assessor) who can observe you, comment on your skills and sign the workplace evidence that you submit for your assessments. Direct observations are mandatory and will be used as evidence towards your qualification. Methods of assessment could include:
- Direct observation of practice
- Recorded professional discussions
- Reflection on own practice in real work situations
- Written assignments
- Question and answer sessions
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants from TQUK.
TQUK is an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales, and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations, and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
TQUK aims to provide qualifications that meet the needs of the industry. They are designed by leading professionals and delivered by centres to their learners with integrity and compliance in mind.
Upon successful completion of this course, you could pursue a career in teaching by gaining one of the following teaching qualifications:
- TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
You will have 12 months to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.