Teaching Assistant Level 2 and Understanding Autism Level 3
Develop your understanding of teaching assistants and autism the convenient way from home!
- Understand how teaching assistants can support the teacher in planning, teaching and evaluation of the learning activities.
- Know how to communicate and develop positive working relationships with children and young people.
- Explore legislation, policies and procedures for safeguarding children.
- Understand how autism is identified and diagnosed.
- Understand how best to support individuals with autism in terms of promoting good health, social inclusion and active participation.
- Explore the problems individuals with autism may face in terms of discrimination, bullying and access to opportunities and services.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Teaching Assistant Level 2 and Understanding Autism Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Teaching Assistant Level 2
- How teaching assistants can support the teacher in planning, teaching and evaluation of the learning activities.
- The stages of planning.
- Problems that may occur when supporting learning activities.
- Strategies a teaching assistant may use to support pupils learning.
- Providing feedback on learning activities to the teacher.
- Communicating and developing positive working relationships with children and young people.
- Communicating with adults.
- Differences in communicating with adults and children.
- Disagreements with adults and children.
- Communication difficulties.
- The role and responsibilities of the teaching assistant.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of others in the school team
- The role of external professionals.
- Maintaining good working relationships.
- Professional practice within schools.
- Legislation, policies, and procedures for safeguarding children.
- Prepare and maintain a safe working environment for children.
- The procedures and actions in response to an emergency in school.
- Types of abuse that children may experience.
- Behaviour management.
- Understanding physical, emotional, communication, social and behavioural development.
- Observation methods used to record learning and development.
- Transitions that children may experience.
- Structures of education.
- Specialist schools.
- Legislation and school policies.
- The national curriculum.
- The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED).
- The primary framework.
- Early years foundation stage.
Understanding Autism Level 3
- The triad of impairments
- Communication and social interaction
- Repetitive and obsessive behaviour
- Formal and informal networks
- Communication and social reaction
- Managing behaviour
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Five key senses
- The vestibular system’
- Supporting individuals
- Poor health
- Social exclusion
- Develop plans
- Social inclusion
- Person-centred values
- Person-centred practice
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 120 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you or sent by email, it’s that simple. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
The Teaching Assistant course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level. The Understanding Autism course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course, although a good standard of English to a level 2 would be beneficial.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Teaching Assistant Level 2 Certificate of Achievement and an Understanding Autism Level 3 Certificate of Achievement.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
From £35.90 per month
or from £999 in full
From £24.15 per month
or from £599 in full
From £20.35 per month
or from £549 in full