Teacher Training Level 5 – Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Develop your teaching skills from the comfort of your own home with this Teacher Training Level 5 Diploma.
- Explore the roles, responsibilities, relationships and requirements needed in the education industry.
- Understand how to manage behaviour in an educational environment and how to teach in a professional manner.
- Learn more about the resources available and their importance in education and training.
- Study the importance of group learning and understand how to assess learning and development in groups.
This course will allow you to teach post-16 students in colleges and school at a further education level.
Learn more about development, principles and models within education and training, and how to implement them!
It is ideal for:
- Students who currently work in public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
- Learners that want to progress onto higher level qualifications in teaching, education and training.
- Those aspiring to become qualified teachers.
The level 5 modules and assessments that are studied within this course are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree.
You can achieve up to 120 credits on completion of this qualification.
Up to five years.
You will receive a Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (603/6055/0).
You must have one or a number of the following: experience practicing within the teaching sector, English and Maths GCSE or Level 2 equivalent or LRN Level 3 and 4 in Education and Training.
Both written assignments and practical placement assessments.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities, relationships and requirements necessary within education and training.
- Investigate theories and practices within areas of specialisms and implement it within certain scenarios.
- Evaluate theories and models of assessment.
- Understand the impact of professionalism, the organisation and external bodies within education and training.
- Discuss policies and behaviours that can affect a learning environment
- Evaluating resources and understand their importance within education and training.
- Understand the importance of group learning and learning tools to enhance education.
- Be able to manage and assess learning and development in groups.
- In order to complete part B of the course, students are required to obtain a suitable placement to complete the practical assessment of the training. This can be within a school, college or community group and must have a mentor who is able to support and verify the students work.
Part A of this course is assessed through five written assignments which are between 3000 – 4000 words each.
Part B of this course is assessed within a practical placement, observing classroom observations, a portfolio, video evidence, and classroom feedback as required.
To achieve a pass grade, students must have achieved all the learning outcomes and requirements for that unit.
There are 600 guided learning hours (GLH) for this qualification and you will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you. Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor and access to an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
Upon completion of this course, you will achieve a Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (603/6055/0).
The level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree and can provide up to 120 credits.
The successful completion of this course will provide you with the opportunity to become a member of the Society of Education & Training (SET). It is only SET members, with eligible qualifications, who can then register to undertake a six-month period of professional formation, which if successful leads to Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) Status. QTLS has legal parity with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which is recognised in schools.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must have one or a number of the following:
- Experience practicing within the teaching sector
- English and Maths GCSE or Level 2 equivalent
- LRN Level 3 and 4 in Education and Training
You may start at any time and have access to your materials for up to five years. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with one-to-one Skype sessions
- Dedicated learner services
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
No, this course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments and practical assessments.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.