Supporting Children and Young People with Autism QLS Level 3
Learn more about autism in children and young people and how you can better support them with this Supporting Children and Young People with Autism QLS Level 3 course.
- Great choice for anyone working with/supporting young people and children with autism.
- Understand the impairments, characteristics, and sensory issues associated with autism.
- Improve your knowledge of how visual strategies can be used to support the learning and development of children and young people with autism.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Supporting Children and Young People with Autism QLS Level 3 course is ideal for anyone supporting children and young people with autism in an educational environment.
During your course, you’ll explore how you can assess the communication abilities and development needs of a child or young person with autism, as well as the resources, strategies, and techniques available to support their communication skills. You will also learn more about how you can create suitable learning environments and develop relationships with the parents/carers of the child or young person.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- How the impairments associated with autism can be categorised into either a triad or dyad of impairments
- Characteristics associated with each type of impairment
- How children and young people with autism may be hypersensitive or hyposensitive with each of the seven senses
- How to assess the impairments, in relation to the triad or dyad of impairments, and the sensory sensitivities of an individual child or young person with autism
- How visual strategies can be used to support the learning and development of children and young people with autism
- Know how each strategy will be applied, monitored and how the impact will be measured
- How assessment findings can be used to support the development of communication skills in a child or young person with autism
- The appropriate use of different techniques and strategies that could be used to support the development of communication skills for an individual child or young person
- How different strategies for developing social skills could be applied to support the development of social skills for an individual child or young person with autism
- How a specific environment could be improved to better support the learning and development of children or young people with autism
- Evaluate a specific setting against relevant local and national standards to assess its suitability as a learning environment for children or young people with autism
- Explain the ‘working in a parent/carer partnership’ model, and how it benefits the child or young person
- Develop an appropriate tool to record relevant observations of the behaviour of an individual child or young person with autism over a period of days
- Explain possible strategies for reducing or eliminating challenging behaviours
- The skills a child or young person needs to develop to better manage their own behaviours
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor-marked assignment only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.