Supporting Children and Young People with Autism Level 3
Boost your knowledge in supporting children and young people with autism with this level 3 course.
- Develop your knowledge of how to effectively support children and young people with autism.
- Explore the impairments and sensory sensitivities associated with autism.
- Understand how to use visual strategies to support learning and development.
- Learn how to create a suitable learning environment for children or young people with autism.
You will receive your course by post, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
The course will allow you to study whenever you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
Up to one year
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- How the impairments associated with autism can be categorised into either a triad or dyad of impairments
- Characteristics associated with each type of impairment
- How children and young people with autism may be hypersensitive or hyposensitive with each of the seven senses
- How to assess the impairments, in relation to the triad or dyad of impairments, and the sensory sensitivities of an individual child or young person with autism
- How visual strategies can be used to support the learning and development of children and young people with autism
- Know how each strategy will be applied, monitored and how the impact will be measured
- How assessment findings can be used to support the development of communication skills in a child or young person with autism
- The appropriate use of different techniques and strategies that could be used to support the development of communication skills for an individual child or young person
- How different strategies for developing social skills could be applied to support the development of social skills for an individual child or young person with autism
- How a specific environment could be improved to better support the learning and development of children or young people with autism
- Evaluate a specific setting against relevant local and national standards to assess its suitability as a learning environment for children or young people with autism
- Explain the ‘working in a parent/carer partnership’ model, and how it benefits the child or young person
- Develop an appropriate tool to record relevant observations of the behaviour of an individual child or young person with autism over a period of days
- Explain possible strategies for reducing or eliminating challenging behaviours
- The skills a child or young person needs to develop to better manage their own behaviours
This course is assessed by a range of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You will have 12 months to complete this course from when you’ve received your materials. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You can start at any time and have 12 months to complete this course from when you’ve received your materials. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor-marked assignment only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.