Sale! Sports Injury QLS Level 3
Land your dream job with this flexible home learning course, perfect for those looking to develop an understanding of common sports injuries, their impact and rehabilitation.
- Understand how sports injuries occur
- Develop awareness of different types of sports injuries and rehabilitation methods
- Be able to identify common soft tissue and bony injuries to the body
- Full tutor support available
This level 3 course in Sports Injury covers types of injury from around the body including their causes and treatments. You’ll also gain a thorough understand of how to prevent and minimise injuries that occur during sporting pursuits.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be sent via post or email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Home learning is a convenient way to boost your skills, so enrol with us today and join the 100,000 people who have improved their career prospects by studying with us.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive your certificate in achievement in Sports Injury Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Discuss what a sports injury is and how they are caused
- Describe different types of sports injury
- Differentiate between acute and chronic injuries
- Identify the different methods used to treat sports injury
- Identify the main prevention methods including FITT
- Discuss how adults can prevent sports injury
- Discuss how sports injury can be prevented in children
- Explain how sports coaches can help to prevent injuries occurring in athletes
- Describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the leg and foot
- Discuss muscular injuries to the leg and foot
- Discuss sports injuries involving the bone
- Explain the effect of injuries to the soft tissue such as the ligaments and tendons
- Identify the main anatomical structures of the arm and hand
- Discuss a range of soft tissue injuries to the arm and hand
- Describe the injuries of dislocations and fractures
- Explain treatment and management of sports injuries to the arm and hand
- Explain basic anatomy and physiology of the neck, back and spine
- Discuss soft tissue injuries to the neck and back
- Discuss common injuries involving the spine
- Describe rehabilitation techniques used in injury of the neck, back and spine
- Describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the pelvis and groin
- Discuss soft tissue injuries to the pelvis and groin
- Discuss the impact of fractures to the pelvis
- Explain the rehabilitation techniques for injuries to the pelvis and groin
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You will have up to a full year to complete this course, which is plenty of time to be able to study at your own pace.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Sports Injury Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.