Special Occasion Make-Up QLS Level 3
Do you want to boost your make-up skills? Then this level 3 course can help you do just that, from home!
- Understand the requirements when working on the skin for makeup applications.
- Learn about the skin structure, preparation of the skin prior to makeup application.
- Explore consultation techniques and contraindications, client record keeping and skin analysis.
- Gain an understanding of client preparation.
- Understand how to create vintage retro styles.
- Know how to apply Asian bridal applications and techniques including traditional bridal looks, eye makeup with glitter application, cream shadows and shimmers, different Liquid eyeliner techniques and advanced cream contouring.
- Gain knowledge of all airbrush tools and techniques.
You will receive your course by post or email, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
The course will allow you to study whenever you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Special Occasion Make-Up Level 3.
You must have either level 2 in makeup or introduction to professional makeup.
- Skin structure
- Preparation of the skin prior to makeup application
- Products used
- Consultation techniques
- Client record keeping
- Skin analysis
- Face shapes and face charting
- Treatment planning and trial
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Selecting and applying various foundations
- Colour correction and concealing
- Traditional Bridal
- Natural Eye makeup
- Smokey effect (natural and dark)
- Applications of highlighting and shading
- Application of flare and strip lashes
- Vintage retro styles using Hollywood and Period inspiration
- Defining features
- Applying different brow shapes in accordance to era
- Luscious lips and precision liner on both eyes and lips
- Looks from the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s
- Asian Bridal application and techniques
- Traditional bridal looks
- Eye makeup with glitter application
- Cream shadows and shimmers
- Different Liquid eyeliner techniques
- Advanced cream contouring
- All airbrush tools and techniques
- How it differs from traditional make-up
- How it is incorporated in bridal designs
- How to combine it with classical make-up for a flawless finish
- How to build you career as a freelance make-up artist
- Insurance and legislation
- How to market the business
- How to build your portfolio
- How to set up costings following client consultations
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You will have a year to complete this course from when you’ve received your materials. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You will need to have a level 2 in make-up.
You can start at any time and have 12 months to complete this course from when you’ve received your materials. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assignment only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Special Occasion Make-up Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.