Sports Therapy Level 3
Gain the knowledge of a sports therapist’s role with this level 3 course!
- Learn what sports therapy involves and develop the knowledge you will need to become a successful sports therapist.
- Gain an understanding of the anatomy and physiology relevant to sports therapy.
- Develop your knowledge of sports psychology and how this is important for meeting your client’s needs.
- Understand the importance of sports nutrition and how this can aid rehabilitation.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by phone and post.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- What skills does a sports therapist need?
- Sports mentality
- Practice management
- Continued development
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- Skeletal system
- Tendons and ligaments
- Respiratory system
- Nervous system
- Energy transportation
- Techniques of sports psychology
- The four C’s model
- Maslow’s hierarchy
- Personality types
- Performance dynamics
- Communication principles
- Coaching skills
- Performance improvement skills
- Coaching methods
- Levels of coaching
- How is food energy measured?
- Sports-specific nutrition
- Nutrition and rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation aims
- Rehabilitation techniques
- Common sports injuries
- Strains and sprains
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
Assessment takes the form of a series of written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide, plus tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.