Sports Massage Level 3
This home learning course has been designed for those interested in becoming a sports massage therapist.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the human body’s anatomy and physiology.
- Learn how to boost clients' sports performance and aid recovery from injury through massage.
- Understand how to produce and tailor a safe and effective treatment plan for each client.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of massage theory and techniques.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The skeleton
- How do muscles work?
- The nervous system
- Ligaments and tendons
- Strains and sprains
- Who is sports massage suitable for?
- How does sports massage work?
- Where and when sports massage should take place
- Pre-event massage
- Intra-event massage
- Post-event massage
- The benefits of sports massage
- What equipment do I need as a massage therapist?
- What is a contraindication?
- Total contraindication
- Local contraindications
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Therapist safety
- Subjective assessment - client history
- Treatment plans
- What is a massage stroke?
- Types of techniques - effleurage, petrissage, compression, vibration, friction, and tapotement
- The need for different massage positions
- Prone massage positions
- Neck and shoulders
- Legs and feet
The Sports Massage course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual and study guide as well as full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.