NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
Does your job involve working with people with learning difficulties? This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties course will help you to build your knowledge.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of a range of specific learning difficulties.
- Develop the tools you need to identify specific needs and learn how you can support individuals in your care.
- Cater your way of working to the individual so you can support them effectively in your role.
This comprehensive NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties course aims to give you the knowledge of different specific learning difficulties, how they are diagnosed, and how individuals can be supported. This course covers a wide range of learning difficulties, including ADHD, autism, dyslexia, and dyscalculia.
This qualification will be suitable for teaching staff, care staff, or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
During this course, you will gain a solid foundation of knowledge to progress into further courses or work within the education and healthcare sectors.
This course will support those working in roles such as:
- Learning support assistant
- Teaching assistant
- Special education needs (SEN) assistant
- Support worker
- Disability support worker
One year tutor support.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive your Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties.
You must be at least 16 years of age.
All units will be individually internally assessed by an end-of-unit assessment.
- What is meant by specific learning difficulties.
- The characteristics of different difficulties and co-occurring conditions.
- Common misconceptions.
- How the difficulty is a lifelong condition.
- How specific learning difficulties affect an individual's life and those of others.
- How the attitudes of others can impact the individual.
- The strengths and barriers an individual may experience and how this can impact them.
- The importance of gaining an early diagnosis.
- The impact of delayed or non-diagnosis.
- The diagnosis process.
- The professionals involved.
- How to support an individual with a specific learning difficulty in different settings.
- Different coping strategies and assistive technology that can be used to support an individual.
- The roles of professionals in providing support.
- How attitudes, legislation, and services have evolved over time to support individuals with specific learning difficulties.
- Relevant legislation, policies, and guidance.
- How they're implemented to support individuals.
Once enrolled, you have 12 months tutor support to complete your studies.
Your course will be studied through distance learning, meaning you can learn the course at a time and place that suits you. Your course materials will be available to you online or will be sent via post, depending on which you select at enrolment.
All units will be individually internally assessed by an end of unit assessment.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive your Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties from NCFE.
NCFE is a leading provider of vocational and technical courses as well as an educational charity. With over 170 years of experience in providing an outstanding educational experience, NCFE work with industry experts to create smarter solutions to the greatest learning needs.
They are one of the largest technical and vocational awarding bodies in the United Kingdom and their qualifications are awarded to thousands of people each year.
In 2015, CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health, and Education) became a part of NCFE.
There are no previous skills needed to enrol, or complete, this course, however, you must be at least 16 years of age.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Exclusive Open Study College study pack including pen, highlighter, and notebook.
*Not included with the online study option.
No, this is a knowledge-only qualification and work experience is not mandatory.
If you successfully complete this qualification, you could move onto one of the following courses to further develop your knowledge:
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.