Microdermabrasion – Short Course
Boost your knowledge and understanding of microdermabrasion, from home!
- Know how to apply a microdermabrasion treatment on a one day practical
- Understand the basics of beauty therapy, including the relevant legislations and preparing the working area
- Learn about the importance of health and safety, especially how to identify hazards and evaluate risks in a salon
- Gain an insight into customer service and know how to deal with enquires and book appointments
- Explore different skin disorders and techniques of application
- Know how to perform and understand a microdermabrasion application
- Recognise the different aftercare and treatment planning procedures
Microdermabrasion is a facial treatment, which removes the outer layer of your skin. This is done by spraying tiny crystals onto the skin and leaves your skin looking softer and brighter. This course is perfect if you have already completed our Facial course!
Add on the practical day and gain the practical skills in microdermabrasion.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive your certificate in achievement for Microdermabrasion.
Have previously obtained a Facial Certificate before enrolling onto this course.
Written assignments. Optional practical day.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Know and understand how to make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislations for the sale of goods
- Maintain a successful reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
- Working safely and hygienically
- Methods of sterilisation and disinfection
- Preparation of the treatment area
- Consultation and understanding of contraindications
- Effective Communication
- Anatomy and Physiology of the face
- The Epidermis
- The Dermis
- Skin disorders
- Facial Bones and structure
- Facial Muscles
- Skin analysis, and how to identify and treat different skin types
- Product usage
- Preparation of the client and skin prior to Microdermabrasion treatment
- Perform and understand a Microdermabrasion Facial application
- Microdermabrasion treatment procedure
- Techniques of application
- Aftercare and Treatment Planning
- Diamond dermabrasion
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Imperfections and impurities
- Health and safety
- Microdermabrasion equipment
- Age spots
- Oily, dry and combination skin types
- Receive demonstrations and practice on each other
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor. If you have added on your practical day, your coursework must be completed before you can proceed onto your practical training day.
You may start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive your course materials by post or online and have personal tutor support by email. If you add on your practical day, you will also need to attend a practical training day. You have a variety of centres to choose from throughout the UK.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in Microdermabrasion. If you add on the practical, the practical day will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
If you add on the practical, the practical day will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct. Professional Beauty Direct have arranged insurance cover for over 11,000 salon owners and individual beauticians, nail technicians and hair stylists, most of which now manage their policies online. Once accredited, you will benefit from being affiliated to Professional Beauty and Professional Beauty Direct Insurance.
You will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Salon Services.
You are required to have previously obtained a Facial Certificate before enrolling onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
If you add on your practical day, once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical days. You have a variety of centres to choose from to take your practical training day. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll arrange this for you.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card (formerly NUS Extra card)
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
If you add on the practical, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
No. Your certification is issued based on your coursework and if you add the practical, the practical session.
No, everything is included in the cost of the course.
You will send your work to your tutor to mark and send back to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.