Facials and Microdermabrasion Level 2
Explore how to perform a facial and microdermabrasion treatment from home!
- Know how to perform a facial and microdermabrasion with optional two days practical training
- Understand how a facial can be used for relaxation and to help with any skin disorders
- Know how to work safely and hygienically when providing facial treatments
- Learn about various skin diseases and disorders
- Explore different skin disorders and techniques of application
- Learn about the importance of health and safety, especially how to identify hazards and evaluate risks in a salon
- Have the choice of a range of venues where you would like to attend your practicals
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it easier and hassle-free.
Join over 90,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive your certificate in achievement for Facials and Microdermabrasion.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Written assignments. 2 day practical training (optional).
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Know and understand how to make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislations for the sale of goods
- Maintain a successful reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
- Work safely and effectively in line with current practice when providing a facial treatment
- Understand organisation and legal requirements
- Perform client consultation and treatment plans
- Understand anatomy and physiology relevant to facial treatments
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- Know facial care techniques, products and planning
- Provide aftercare advice to clients for facial care treatments
- Identify various skin types
- Understand the benefits of facial massage and the techniques used
- Working safely and hygienically
- Methods of sterilisation and disinfection
- Preparation of the treatment area
- Consultation and understanding of contraindications
- Effective Communication
- Anatomy and Physiology of the face
- The Epidermis
- The Dermis
- Skin disorders
- Facial Bones and structure
- Facial Muscles
- Skin analysis, and how to identify and treat different skin types
- Product Usage
- Preparation of the client and skin prior to Microdermabrasion treatment
- Perform and understand a Microdermabrasion Facial application
- Microdermabrasion treatment procedure
- Techniques of application
- Aftercare and Treatment Planning
- Perform a relaxing facial
- Health and safety
- Hygiene and infection control
- Anatomy and physiology (head, neck and shoulders)
- Client consultation
- Skin analysis
- Product knowledge
- Facial routine
- Diamond dermabrasion
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Imperfections and impurities
- Health and safety
- Microdermabrasion equipment
- Age spots
- Oily, dry and combination skin types
- Receive demonstrations and practice on each other
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor. If you add on the practical day, your coursework must be completed before you can proceed onto your two days of practical training.
You may start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive your course by post or e-mail and you will also need to attend a two days practical training. You choose out of a variety of centres throughout the UK where you would like to take your practical days.
Please note, if you add on the practical day, the 2 practical days will be split rather than taking place over 2 consecutive days to minimise impact on working and family life. This also enables you to choose when and where the practical’s take place.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
If you add on the practical days, you will also receive a Salon Services Certificate. You can also you benefit from being affiliated to Professional Beauty and Professional Beauty Direct Insurance.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
**Only if you add on the practical days.**Professional Beauty Direct have arranged insurance cover for over 11,000 salon owners and individual beauticians, nail technicians and hair stylists, most of which now manage their policies online.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. If you add on the practical days, you may be asked to provide a model on your practical day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your course. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
If you have added on your practical days, once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical days. You have the choice of a variety of centres throughout the UK to choose from to take your practical training days. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll arrange this for you. Everything that you will need for your practical day will be provided on the day.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
If you add on the practical day, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.