Level 2 Speaking and Listening Award in ESOL Skills for Life
OSC1450 / OSC1451
Improve your English and develop your skills with this Level 2 Speaking and Listening Award in ESOL Skills for Life.
- This Level 2 Speaking and Listening Award in ESOL Skills for Life will help you to develop your English speaking and listening skills.
- The qualification is based on the National Standards for Adult Literacy, and it is closely aligned to the Adult ESOL Core Curriculum.
- Gain beneficial skills that can be implemented in many different areas of your life.
- Study this course from home, at your own pace.
This Level 2 Speaking and Listening Award in ESOL Skills for Life has been designed for learners who have chosen to live and work in the UK and whose first language is not English. Created to help you with everyday and work-related tasks, this course covers elements of task-based assessments that cover a broad range of English skills needed to settle in the UK.
During the course, your studies will cover speaking and listening in relation to the English language. You will develop core skills you can use in everyday life, as well as finding work, for example, you’ll learn how your new skills can help in interviews.
After completing the course, you could then progress to study an English GCSE or Functional Skills qualification.
On successful completion of this course and exams, you will achieve a Level 2 Speaking and Listening Award in ESOL Skills for Life.
You must be 16 or over to enrol on this course.
You will complete a tutor-marked assessment and exam as part of this course.
- Listen and respond to spoken language, including extended information and narratives, and follow detailed explanations and multi-step instructions of varying length, adapting response to speaker, medium and context.
- Speak to communicate straightforward and detailed information, ideas and opinions clearly, adapting speech and content to take account of the listener(s), medium, purpose and situation.
- Engage in discussion with one or more people in a variety of different situations, making clear and effective contributions that produce outcomes appropriate to purpose and topic in a wide range of formal and social exchanges.
Once enrolled, you have six months access to the course content.
Your course will be studied through distance learning meaning you can learn the course at a time and place that suits you. Your course materials can either be emailed online or posted to you as a study pack depending on which you select at enrolment. You will receive your tutor support by email.
You will need to complete three tutor-marked assessments during this course, which will act as a mock exam. Assessments are internally set and marked by Open Study College and will not count towards your final grade.
You will need to complete the required examination to achieve the qualification. You can choose to add your exams to your enrolment, meaning we will book them for you. Alternatively, you can book them separately, but you will need to book and pay for these yourself.
This exam will be completed online.
Exam dates are subject to availability and will not be available on demand. Once you have enrolled, you can contact our exam team to confirm upcoming exam dates.
Please note that you will need to complete the exams to achieve the qualification.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 2 Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life from Trinity College London.
Trinity College London’s qualifications help people to develop transferable communication and performance skills that will enhance their lives. Their qualifications are regulated by Ofqual and listed on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Upon successful completion of this course, you could progress to achieve English qualifications such as GCSEs or Functional Skills.
Speaking and listening
To complete this section of the qualification, you will be required to complete 2 speaking and listening components:
- Component 1 – 14-minute one-to-one conversation with an examiner.
- Component 2 – an 8-minute discussion with 2 other candidates facilitated by an examiner.
You will need to be 16 or over to enrol on this course, other than that, there are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You will have six months to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.