Introduction to English Law QLS Level 3
English Law has endured fascinating developments over the years and remains a useful and interesting subject area.
- Gain an understanding of the principles and practice of English law
- Understand the different ways in which laws are created, with knowledge of how laws are interpreted
- Become familiar with the four main areas of law: family law, criminal law, tort law, and contract law
Save £1838 when you buy this course as a package
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to English Law Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Criminal and civil law
- Criminal cases
- Civil cases
- The high court
- Criminal appeals
- Civil appeals
- Legal personnel
- Judges, magistrates and juries
- The crown prosecution service
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Finance of advice and representation
- Legal aid
- Other sources of advice and assistance
- Common law
- Law reporting
- Statutory interpretation
- European union law
- Institutions of the European Union
- Breach of the duty of care
- Elements of crime
- Elements of criminal liability
- Non-fatal violence offences
- Contract formalities
- Contractual terms
- Vitiating factors
- Discharge of contract
- Sale of Goods Act 1979
- Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
- Other statutory protection
- Legal obligations of relationships
- Requirements for a valid marriage
- Requirements for a valid civil partnership
- The Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Void and voidable marriages
- Dissolution of a civil partnership
- Financial relief
- Law relating to children
- Disputes between private individuals concerning the upbringing of children
- Local authorities
- Child maintenance and the child support agency
The Introduction to English law course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course has been designed for distance learning at home or at work. You will receive your materials by post or email, whichever you decide. You will also receive full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.