Introduction to Digital Photography Level 3
Take on a new challenge within the exciting world of digital photography with an award-winning distance learning provider.
- Understand the types of camera, equipment and accessories available
- Learn more about the different camera modes and their uses
- Study the ways light can affect images and how to use directional lighting
- Find out more about a range of photography styles and genres
With the rise of social media and smartphone usage, photography is a norm within day-to-day life. So, improve your skills and make the most of your camera with this introductory course.
It couldn’t be easier! All your materials will be delivered to you via email or post and our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Different types of camera
- Megapixels and image quality
- The exposure triangle
- Important camera accessories
- Key camera features
- Camera care
- Types of camera storage
- Camera program modes
- Depth of field
- Shutter speed
- Aperture priority mode
- Shutter priority mode
- Scene modes
- Colour temperature and light conditions
- Using indoor and outdoor lighting
- Using directional light and diffuse light
- Effective back and front lighting
- Rules of composition
- Horizontal and vertical element features
- Main features
- Pattern and texture
- Photography genres
- Portrait images
- Natural and urban landscapes
- Still-life images
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
Students will need access to a device that can take digital photographs e.g. compact camera and SLRs.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No, completion of this course is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
If you already own a suitable digital camera, then there is no additional cost. If you don’t already have this then you will need to purchase a good-quality, compact digital camera. A camera from a reputable manufacturer which has the facility to over-ride auto exposure is most preferable.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.