Level 2 Certificate in Information Advice or Guidance
Ideal course for those working or looking to work in a role where the provision of information, advice or guidance is a requirement.
- Gain knowledge of what it is to take on a role in this field.
- Develop an understanding of the key aspects of information, advice or guidance.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career.
- Achieve a career in an information, advice or guidance role.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in information, advice or guidance, this NCFE CACHE Level 2 course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification and aspire to work in an information, advice or guidance role.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate on Information Advice or Guidance.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked portfolio of evidence.
Award Number: 601/4321/6
- Understand the differences between Information, Advice or Guidance
- Know the boundaries and responsibilities of this role
- Gain practical skills such as signposting, referrals and record-keeping
- Learn how to communicate with clients appropriately
- Know the importance of the role confidentiality and impartiality
- Understand personal strengths and weaknesses to improve
- Understand the difference between referrals and signposting, and when to use each
- Know the correct practices for signposting and referring
- Learn practical skills such as recording and monitoring
- Understand what resources are used for information, advice or guidance
- Know the range of media used and for which clients
- Learn how to update and maintain information with an organisation
- Understand how to support within information, advice or guidance
- Know the difference between formal and informal networks and how they are used
- Learn the codes of practice within information, advice or guidance
This course is assessed by submitting a portfolio of evidence to be assessed by your tutor at the end of each unit.
This course will take approximately 120 hours. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate on Information Advice or Guidance.
The NCFE CACHE Level 2 course has been accredited by the qualifications regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Due to the type of qualification, you will need to currently be working in a similar environment to complete aspects of this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your certificate of achievement from the awarding organisation, NCFE.
Due to the type of qualification, you will need to currently be working in a similar environment to complete particular aspects of this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.