Garden Design and Starting your Own Business Level 3
Are you interested in starting your own gardening business? This bundle will give you the knowledge you need to help you become one step closer to doing just that!
- Enhance your knowledge of the principles of garden design and how to appraise an existing garden.
- Understand the differences between hard and soft landscaping, as well as specialist design requirements.
- Study how to start your own business, including aspects such as marketing and finance.
- Learn how to write your business plan to ensure your future success.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to two years.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Garden Design Level 3
- The purpose of garden design
- The history of garden design
- Key figures in garden design history
- Different garden design styles
- The key design principles used in garden design
- How these key principles are interlinked
- The elements of formal garden design
- The elements of informal garden design
- How to appraise an existing garden
- The key factors in site appraisal
- How to deal with different levels within a site
- How to plot the site on to paper
- The purpose of hard landscaping elements
- Five different types of hard landscaping elements
- Five different hard landscaping materials
- The importance of foundations in hard landscaping
- The purpose of a planting plan and how to create one
- How to use plants in garden design
- Different types of plants that can be obtained and their uses
- Range of plants and their features
- Range of problems that may exist in a garden
- Specialist garden needs
- Solutions to specialist problems
- The need for health and safety considerations
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve two certificates of achievement in Garden Design Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.